PDA

View Full Version : Redmax EBZ8001 RH backpack blower issue

Larson Lawn Care
03-09-2012, 01:01 AM
I have a Redmax EBZ8001 RH Backpack blower. I rebuilt the carb because there was a leak at the air intake I guess it would be called. It fired up for a second then wouldn't start at all. Eventually I noticed fuel coming out of the exhaust. I did have the machine turned over for a minute to access the screws near the primer bulb so I am guessing it is flooded. I'm going to let it sit over night then try to fire it up in the morning. Any other suggestions? I did replace the spark plug which was quite fouled up. I have left the exhaust off to try to start it and I have cleaned the carbon build up from the port near the piston (there wasn't much) Before I touched it, it still ran fine, it just leaked.

RickyDL77
03-09-2012, 08:33 AM
you said you rebuilt the carb? you took the carb apart and cleaned it? and it ran fine beforehand? all because of a leaky gasket?...i would have just replaced the gasket and let it be.:nono:if its not broke, dont "fix" it.

Larson Lawn Care
03-09-2012, 09:31 AM
I was told the leak could have been caused by the pin being stuck open. so I figured it was a wise idea to replace everything since I was in there.

Larson Lawn Care
03-09-2012, 10:51 AM
I tried to fire it up this morning, it wouldn't go. It sounded like it wanted to after it sat. but didn't turn over???

RickyDL77
03-09-2012, 11:20 AM
it would not turn over at all? like it is locked up?

Take the spark plug out and turn over then engine for a dozen times like you are trying to start it. if it is flooded really bad you will notice fuel spraying out the exhaust or spark plug hole.

if it keeps flooding while not being used then the carb's needle is not closing all the way or the fuel cap could be bad not releasing tank pressure causing fuel to be pushed through the carb.

Larson Lawn Care
03-09-2012, 01:45 PM
I had the exhaust off this morning and there was a lot of fuel spraying out. I'll check the needle. When I replaced it, I had the 2 prong metal thing on top of the pin then I realized that thing was supposed to go in the pin groove. I may have the name wrong, I guess it's the pin
Posted via Mobile Device

Larson Lawn Care
03-10-2012, 09:53 AM
What can I try to get the needle to close all the way

Larson Lawn Care
03-10-2012, 04:18 PM
Because its definitely leaking just sitting here
Posted via Mobile Device

Larson Lawn Care
03-10-2012, 08:37 PM
I took it all apart again and cleaned everything and checked the needle everything seems fine but it won't start. Someone please help me out.

BigFish
03-10-2012, 09:31 PM
Your first post you stated I REBUILT the carb, then, post #6 ya say two pronged metal thing, and pin !
Look, do yourself a favor and buy a NEW CARB! You obviously don't know what yer doin', so man up and just stick a new carb on it and be done with it!

Larson Lawn Care
03-10-2012, 10:21 PM
It's not hard at all to rebuild a carb but naming the little components is a different story, thanks for chimeing in.
Posted via Mobile Device

RickyDL77
03-12-2012, 08:17 AM
I had the exhaust off this morning and there was a lot of fuel spraying out. I'll check the needle. When I replaced it, I had the 2 prong metal thing on top of the pin then I realized that thing was supposed to go in the pin groove. I may have the name wrong, I guess it's the pin
Posted via Mobile Device

Ok, are you sure you reinstalled the spring that goes between the needle and the lever that the "pin" holds in place?

Might just be a better idea to get a new Body Assy (part number T1108-81450) as you may have damaged the lever the first time? It's less than half the cost of a new carb which is roughly $110 MSRP

Larson Lawn Care
03-13-2012, 12:33 AM
The kit didn't come with a new spring, but I did reinstall it and everything seems okay, the pin moves up and down when you push the lever. The lever being a new one, and I actually tried to put the old one back in to see if that was the issue.

Landrus2
03-13-2012, 08:09 PM
The kit didn't come with a new spring, but I did reinstall it and everything seems okay, the pin moves up and down when you push the lever. The lever being a new one, and I actually tried to put the old one back in to see if that was the issue.

Ok do you have the old parts you took from your carb reinstall them your problem is your needle is not closing or you can adjust your needle bracket :waving:

Larson Lawn Care
03-14-2012, 02:23 AM
I replaced some of the old parts, but I will replace all. thanks for your help guys.