PDA

View Full Version : 36" Husqvarna walk behind

dogdjour
03-09-2012, 12:56 PM
I got a line on one of these, 4 years old, good shape. guy wants 550.
Advice anyone? Decent deal right?
Does anyone know how hard it is to set the cutting height on this?
:confused:

jeremy442
03-09-2012, 03:45 PM
i just looked at a 36" husqvarna which is also 4yrs old. this one had just below 300 hours of use on it for $1800. Anyway the guy said to change the blade height you need to adjust all the nuts on the pulleys to adjust the height roughly to where you want it. To fine tune the height adjustment there are spacers on each of the caster wheels on the front just pull a pin and adjust the spacers. If it were me id probly forget about he pulley adjustments and just the the spacers for changing blade heights. how many hours are on the lawnmower your looking at?

dogdjour
03-09-2012, 04:29 PM
I'm not sure how many hours and I haven't looked at it yet. The guy that owns it bought it used from a dealer. He used it last year but is moving and doesn't need it anymore.
It's a pretty good drive hour and a half but I think I'm gonna go get that baby.
I think thats a good price. I have a Husky weedeater that I love.
I did some reading and I agree with you I'll adjust it with the front caster spacers and forget the rest.
My issue was I have some customers that are picky sometimes about how low/high I cut and have me change it pretty regular. I think I'll be ok doing it that way.
If not they can find someone else.
I busted my hump for three years starting this thing up with a 22" Crafstman.

LawnMan19
03-09-2012, 05:12 PM
Yeah, I know a lot of guys who just use the the spacers to change the height of cut and they don't mind doing it.

jeremy442
03-09-2012, 05:18 PM
Yeah i busted my ass too year after year with my business using residential mowers from home depot and sears. I started mowing when i was 15 i'm 27 now. I've gone through Murry's, Toro's, Craftsman, even a Lawn Boy. there all ****. Last year i finally went out and bought a couple brand new 21" Exmarks. This year im looking for even bigger and better. I think I'm gonna go get the husky i checked out today too, it looked and operated nicely. ll i'm gonna need now is a trailer.

davidcalhoun
03-09-2012, 08:54 PM
If it's decent, you had better jump quick. A 36" walkbehind is a popular size.

dogdjour
03-12-2012, 02:32 PM
Posted via Mobile Device