PDA

View Full Version : How much are you gonna spend on avertizing this year

wright5223
03-09-2012, 01:09 PM
I was wondering on how much you guys are gonna spend this year, I need to get more accounts but I just really dont want to spend alot of money I feel lost :dizzy: I was looking at about 32K for about 9K that is a 8.5x14 piece but I need to get about 30 more accounts would be nice

R & R Yard Designs
03-09-2012, 03:39 PM
Zero. Never had to advertize, my costumers spread the word for me in part of my contract.
Posted via Mobile Device

metro36
03-09-2012, 09:00 PM
I assume that you are talking about mailing 32K pieces and spending about $9000. First off, I think that you might be doing too large of a mailing. Im not familiar with your area but I might go with 10K pieces. I prefer to get accounts closer together rather than spread out all over the county. Then I would spend some money on Internet advertising. If you have a local on-line newspaper, I would start there. I have had the best return from a local site. You may also want to consider something like yellowbook on-line as well. The phone book doesn't have a great return but signing up for an on-line listing is worth it. I pay $40 a month and my listing comes up first when ever somebody searches for landscaping, grounds maintenance or lawn care in my area. Print advertising in a newspaper doesn't work that well for accounts, it mostly results in one time jobs.

If you are dead set on doing that big of a mailing then I would look into gotprint for printing and use Everydoor direct mail to mail them. I would also think about doing a smaller piece. I feel that anything that big looks too much like junk mail. A smaller postcard looks more professional and is less likely to be thrown out. I would go with a 6.5"x8" if you are going to use EDDM.

Lawnut101
03-10-2012, 04:20 AM
I spend about $4-6k each year on advertising. So far it has payed off.

clydebusa
03-10-2012, 12:41 PM
About 15k. I am buying 2 4x4 atv's and putting my companys name on them at 50 bucks and riding them around to advertise. Excellent write offs. Then off to the camp grounds for employee building excercise and company confereneces. Take that uncle sam!

White Gardens
03-10-2012, 01:02 PM
I spend about $4-6k each year on advertising. So far it has payed off.

In the same ball-park.

The key is to spend your money wisely. I like to put a coupon add in a quarterly coupon magazine. It's mailed out to 50,000 homes in the area. Ultimately I get one-two good long term clients from each run. Regardless of the return though, I get great exposure.

Wright48
03-10-2012, 01:12 PM
I spend around 4-6 grand a year on advertising this year i signed up for val pak i get 30 thousand houses mailed out twice once now once in april im in papers google the yellow book and i put out flyers but lawn signs are the best!!!! Im looking to also pick up about 30-40 cusomters this season to expand my bussiness since the hardscaping aspect has gotten very slow in the past year or two.

Flex-Deck
03-10-2012, 09:18 PM
Zero here also. Word of mouth is the greatest advertizing there is. All you have to do to advertize is paint a masterpiece everytime you mow a property. Your reputation will sell and build the future. Thanks, Brad

edensgate7
03-10-2012, 09:58 PM
zero here too:) I am right where I need to be size wise. Profit before growth wins all at the end of the day!

Bob_n_weave
03-11-2012, 08:50 PM
Zero. I am actually downsizing & selling some of my accounts.