PDA

View Full Version : Hydro Problem??

Carterslawncare
03-09-2012, 08:50 PM
I have a 2003 scag turf tiger. I was running it today and the right hand pump on the mower glitched and stop working for 5 seconds, then came right back on. i kept mowing and then bout 10 min later it quit started whining again real bad and it quit moving on that side. So i stopped and looked at it. couldn't see anything wrong so i jumped back on and it started working again for a couple mins. then stopped again. got it to the trailer and parked it. finished mowing with the other mower. got to the trailer again and it was working. then stopped again.

Does anyone know what would be wrong with this pump? Its a BDP-16A-307 pump.

djagusch
03-09-2012, 09:10 PM
I would quit using it so the metal filings don't circulate anymore. Sounds to me like the squash plate bearing might be taking a dump. Little chunks moving around causing the stopping when they get to certain points.

Most likely you will need to replace the pump and wheel motor (to be safe) on that side. Make sure whoever does the work cleans the lines and hydro cooler really well. Also after 5 hrs or so replace the oil/filter again to make sure the metal filings are out.

Carterslawncare
03-09-2012, 09:30 PM
Alright. Do you know of anyone that sells remanufactured pumps and wheel motors? They are pretty pricey.

djagusch
03-09-2012, 10:07 PM
J thomas is a place to price check also ebay. Guessing you will be $800 to $900 in parts.