PDA

View Full Version : Stihl Gas Cap Update

TheChiefsLawnCare
03-09-2012, 09:56 PM
For all yall stihl lovers and stihl haters because of the gas cap. They have redesigned it. Its not longer using the tabs, its threaded it like the old ones. Just thought I would tell people since i member a big thread on the stihl caps and much much i hated em, as i did myself. they sucked because when u put it on it would look like it was on and sealed but then your gas was pouring out.

ALEX'S LANDSCAPING
03-09-2012, 10:55 PM
Yipeeeeeeeeeee!

Ridin' Green
03-09-2012, 11:26 PM
Problem is, they have two new styles of screw on caps, and one of them sucks as bad as the problem caps they had.

TheChiefsLawnCare
03-12-2012, 01:25 AM
o, i like the last one they did after the came out with the recall.

ed2hess
03-12-2012, 09:54 PM
Problem is, they have two new styles of screw on caps, and one of them sucks as bad as the problem caps they had.

OMG Green you are going to start another food fight that will last 3 months.

TheChiefsLawnCare
03-16-2012, 04:38 PM
lol. the new ones are good

psdnate
03-16-2012, 09:17 PM
I don't have a problem putting the cap on it's the getting it off part. For some reason on my trimmer I have to use something to pry the cap off of the tank. There was a recall on the cap. I should probably get that done.

Ridin' Green
03-16-2012, 10:00 PM
lol. the new ones are good

Like I said, they have two new screw on caps, and one of them does SUCK. Go to your dealer and look around. That's how we came across it. The bad one has a hump of some kind that the cap has to screw past in order for it to stay on tight,and without leaking. If you don't get it past that hump, it will come off eventually while running the machine, and it doesn't seal the cap to the neck unless it is tightened all the way either. The hump on the one we tried was very hard to get the lid past in either direction too. It was on a BP. The handhelds all have the the new screw on caps, but they work great (although there are even two versions of that one. One fits flush at the top of the neck, and is the same diameter of the neck, and one screws down over the outside of the neck).

yardguy28
03-17-2012, 09:01 AM
that's to bad.

I loved the new style cap and never had problems with it.

although I did switch out my caps when the dealer send out the recall from stihl.

well hopefully my stihl equipment that has the newer style cap on it will last me a long time so I don't have to go back to a screw on type.