PDA

View Full Version : Pulled the trigger-New Lazer Z X Series.

blake101
03-10-2012, 09:25 AM
Bought a new Lazer Z X Series 52in cut with a 27 Kohler. Going to pick it up this week. I can't sleep thinking about it. I will try to get some pictures of it as soon as I get it. Can't wait to see how it cuts and runs.

GreenEarthLawnCare
03-10-2012, 10:36 AM
i bought a 60inch lazer z x series with the 29 kawi last march. I used it all of last mowing season and put about 450 hours on it. I love it! the ride is a bit rough so i bought a Michigan suspension seat (made a huge difference). I don't have any other complaints about the mower.

blake101
03-10-2012, 10:42 AM
i bought a 60inch lazer z x series with the 29 kawi last march. I used it all of last mowing season and put about 450 hours on it. I love it! the ride is a bit rough so i bought a Michigan suspension seat (made a huge difference). I don't have any other complaints about the mower.

I could have bought the same mower for 500.00 more, but I just didn't need a 60 inch machine. But that 60 inch sure did look good, it had everything I wanted except the 52 inch deck.

THEGOLDPRO
03-10-2012, 10:43 AM
Once i bought my new lazer last year i never got back on my 07 lazer again.

THEGOLDPRO
03-10-2012, 10:46 AM
I could have bought the same mower for 500.00 more, but I just didn't need a 60 inch machine. But that 60 inch sure did look good, it had everything I wanted except the 52 inch deck.

You should have just got the 60 inch, Its not much bigger then the 52. It might be alittle big for your needs this year but you gotta think about 2-3 years from now. When your shopping for a new 60 inch because you need the bigger mower.

blake101
03-10-2012, 10:56 AM
You should have just got the 60 inch, Its not much bigger then the 52. It might be alittle big for your needs this year but you gotta think about 2-3 years from now. When your shopping for a new 60 inch because you need the bigger mower.

Believe me I thought about it real hard, that machine looked great. But the 52 inch fit my needs a little better. If I went with the 60 inch it would increase my trimming time with the lawns I do. But I sure like the Idea of the 29 kaw, bigger tires and pumps, it was a beast.

jaybow
03-10-2012, 10:24 PM

I bought the same one and like it alot, fuel gauge acts upon it though. And before I bought this one I had the same mower with the series 4 deck, and I can tell you the series 6 can handle wet stuff better, and the longer thicker stuff also.

jaybow
03-10-2012, 10:26 PM
Believe me I thought about it real hard, that machine looked great. But the 52 inch fit my needs a little better. If I went with the 60 inch it would increase my trimming time with the lawns I do. But I sure like the Idea of the 29 kaw, bigger tires and pumps, it was a beast.

I had a 52" in the past, and it rutted much worse then my 60" so I sold it and went with the 60" instead.

lawnworkseb
03-10-2012, 10:44 PM
Do alot of yards with a Walker wanting to reduce grass lot \. Looking at Lazer z xseries with a 48 or 52 mulch deck. Wanting the best finish mow, which one do you think.

blake101
03-11-2012, 12:14 AM
I had a 52" in the past, and it rutted much worse then my 60" so I sold it and went with the 60" instead.

Has anyone else had a problem with rutting with a 52inch, this is the first I have heard of this.

GreenEarthLawnCare
03-11-2012, 01:57 AM
I believe the 52s problem is that the tires are not as wide as the tires that come with the larger 60inch deck mower. Ive had very little rutting problems with my 60inch lazer and it rained a heck of a lot last year. I do try to run several patterns in my yards tho.
Posted via Mobile Device

chesterlawn
03-11-2012, 11:38 AM
I have problems with my fuel gauge and exmark refused to fix it with less than a year on it. Sometimes it reads full when it's near empty and empty when full, so I'm never sure what I have. So if you have any problems with it take it back as soon as you can or good luck.

blake101
03-11-2012, 12:46 PM
You guys are blowing my mind, okay here is the deal I told the dealer that I wanted the Lazer Z X series 52 inch cut with the 27 hp kohler and that I would pick it up in a few days. For 600.00 more dollars I can get the 60 inch deck with a 29 kaw, bigger tires, bigger engine, bigger pumps. I currently mow with a 48 inch Turf Tracer which I plan on keeping. I thought about it and can use the 60 on every yard except may be 3, my average yard is between 10,000 - 13,000sq feet. A few smaller and a few bigger. Would the 60 inch be worth my time or is it going to be to big for my needs and cause more problems than it is worth? I won't the kaw engine and the big tires but not sure if it would cause more head aches. Need input.....

chesterlawn
03-11-2012, 12:56 PM
Tell you what if you think the 60 will work on your lawns but a little more trimming, I would go for the 60. I do small yards with mine and it works fine on those, and on larger lawns anything smaller that 60 would pizz me off. Also I like Kawasaki over Kohler, some don't but I have run both and when the hours add up the Kawasaki seems to keep its power better.

lazer 46
03-11-2012, 02:23 PM
I have problems with my fuel gauge and exmark refused to fix it with less than a year on it. Sometimes it reads full when it's near empty and empty when full, so I'm never sure what I have. So if you have any problems with it take it back as soon as you can or good luck.

I had the same problem and my dealer ordered the new gauge and put it in at the end of mowing season. Under warranty. What I didn't know was that the fuel gauge and the hour meter are the same part so now I have zero hours on the machine. It's new all over again.

GreenEarthLawnCare
03-12-2012, 12:40 AM
I have a 52inch turf tracer along with the 60inch rider they make a great combo(for me). I do large yards and small yards. I really do like the larger mower decks. When i started my business i had a 50 inch dixie chopper and a push mower( i only had 12 accounts). The next year i went full time and had 35 accounts. That year i bought a 48 inch walk behind and a 60inch hustler z. I couldnt believe how much more productive it made me. Last years i switched to exmark and ended the season with 63 accounts. The larger mowers really have helped me stay ahead of weather. I dont see the problem with bigger mowers and ive never found a time where i had to weed eat more because of the bigger deck but it maybe differend in your situation. Id actually like to have a 72 inch mower in the future
Posted via Mobile Device

blake101
03-12-2012, 01:18 AM
I have a 52inch turf tracer along with the 60inch rider they make a great combo(for me). I do large yards and small yards. I really do like the larger mower decks. When i started my business i had a 50 inch dixie chopper and a push mower( i only had 12 accounts). The next year i went full time and had 35 accounts. That year i bought a 48 inch walk behind and a 60inch hustler z. I couldnt believe how much more productive it made me. Last years i switched to exmark and ended the season with 63 accounts. The larger mowers really have helped me stay ahead of weather. I dont see the problem with bigger mowers and ive never found a time where i had to weed eat more because of the bigger deck but it maybe differend in your situation. Id actually like to have a 72 inch mower in the future
Posted via Mobile Device

Do you use the 60 inch on the smaller yards also, say 10,000 to 15,000sq or may be smaller?

THEGOLDPRO
03-12-2012, 01:25 AM
I use 60's for everything. No matter how small it is lol

GreenEarthLawnCare
03-12-2012, 01:26 AM
I normally used the walk behind on a yard that size only because i like to bag my small yards with lots of landscaping so i dont blow grass in the beds. Ive just found this makes things easier and keeps customers happy.
Posted via Mobile Device

GreenEarthLawnCare
03-12-2012, 01:33 AM
I normally used the walk behind on a yard that size only because i like to bag my small yards with lots of landscaping so i dont blow grass in the beds. Ive just found this makes things easier and keeps customers happy. It all just depends on the yard tho but if i can i like to use the 60inch rider. In my mind the strips look better not having the velky wheel marks there that the walk behind leaves.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device