PDA

View Full Version : Where's a Good Wright Dealer?

mark2
03-10-2012, 11:06 AM
I need to order a couple of parts for my Sentar. The nearest dealers to me don't seem too savvy.
I'd like to find a dealer, anywhere in the US, that can efficiently take an order over the phone and send me the parts. Can someone suggest a dealer for me?
By the way, spindles with sealed bearings has to be one of the stupidest ideas any mower manufacturer could ever have. I have had great service from my Sentar. I've had it for 6 or 8 years and I think I have about 900 hours on it and never needed a part till now. I replaced the bearings in the spindles myself and broke a pulley in the process. The only two complaints I could have of this mower is the crappy spindle and pulley design and that the engine stutters if you run over bumps like shallow Maple roots. I guess the float is bouncing around in the carb. Oh, and I wish that 23hp Kaw had a Donaldson type air filter.
Thanks

pugs
03-10-2012, 01:06 PM
What was the problem with the local dealer? I could probably help you out but would rather see local dealers supported. We are a Wright dealer. Shoot me a PM if you cant get what you need from your local dealers. Make sure you have the model and serial number when trying to get parts.

You could add the Donaldson filter. They make kits for it. Some of them include carb jets, while some replace the whole carb so it can be a pricey upgrade.

mark2
03-10-2012, 03:05 PM
I can't understand one over the phone, foreign accent.
The other has an attitude and is very very slow over the phone and they don't want to ship to me. There both 1.5 hours away.
PM on the way.

P&N LL
03-10-2012, 03:24 PM
wegman motor works
1500 Kenmore Ave.
Buffalo, New York 14216

Best dealer around. Ask for Dave or Kyle

gwk120
03-11-2012, 12:48 AM
Hill Lawnmower & Chainsaw Huntsville AL. 256-536-7331
Sealed spindles best idea ever. No wasted time greasing every day. Gravely with 3450 hours with no spindle trouble.

pugs
03-11-2012, 12:40 PM
Hill Lawnmower & Chainsaw Huntsville AL. 256-536-7331
Sealed spindles best idea ever. No wasted time greasing every day. Gravely with 3450 hours with no spindle trouble.

I have some customers with Wrights that they work great for...and others go through spindles like crazy. I really dont know what the difference is.

We also deal in Bobcat who does sealed spindles. I hardly have any problems on them...but the Wrights I dunno.

Wright just started using a new style spindle in the last like 2 years and so far those have been pretty good. Still sealed. Expensive to retrofit the kits to the older Standers and such though. Spindle used to be 130 now the kits are like 210 or something and the spindle alone after you already use the kit is about 150. The kit has a spacer plate, longer bolts, I think nuts and also a washer to space the blade properly.