PDA

View Full Version : $450 exmark lazer z is it worth fixing

lawnkid14
03-10-2012, 09:08 PM
this is a 2002 the guy took a few parts off the machine has 1600 hrs of use on it the engine runs but has a small oil leak that after 6 lawns heats up and shuts down. should i buy it and fix it up or is it not worth it here is the link thanks http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/grd/2895462280.html

Salcido Lawn
03-10-2012, 09:33 PM
No, It will probably cost you a couple of thousand to fix everything on it. It would make a great parts mower though.

lawnkid14
03-10-2012, 09:57 PM
it has everything except a rear tire and a front the deck chains and air filter and deck adjustment lever

jaybow
03-10-2012, 10:18 PM
You can just bet that the engine is probably shot, or possibly the hydros. Otherwise they would have never disassembled the mower for parts. If you want a project to piece together slowly you may want it, but to dump money into it immediately, you will probably have more into it then anyone would pay you for the mower. I personally like projects like that, its alot better then taking a loan for a new one. Lasy summer I just couldnt handle walking anymore and bought a brand new X-series 60' Exmark Lazer, nice mower, but I dont really need it for what I do at this point. To be honest, my favorite mower to use is my old Toro T-Bar belt drive walk behind. Its the easiest mower I have ever used. If I would have tried the Jungle Wheels on the Toro before I bought the new exmark, I never would have bought it. Or I would have atleast spent much less and bought a new Toro T-Bar with Toros new better deck.

lawnkid14
03-10-2012, 10:54 PM
The hydros were good the engine needs a head gasket
Posted via Mobile Device

RickL1700
03-11-2012, 12:35 AM
So buy it, it sounds like you're convinced that you can get it going despite the opinions u asked for

joshua
03-11-2012, 05:04 AM
if its shuts down when the engine gets real hot it might need a coil as well.

mowerbrad
03-11-2012, 12:00 PM
How do you know the hydros are good on it? Doesn't exactly look like it could travel very far on its own.

How long has that mower been sitting there...1 year...2 years? Usually a mower doesn't just break down and then parts pilfered from it right away, usually it sits there a while before people start to think about just taking parts off that mower to fix other machines.

I would pass on this machine. How does that old saying go?..."you can paint a turd gold, but in the end it will still be a turd."

THEGOLDPRO
03-11-2012, 12:10 PM
Its a virtual pile of junk. Dont walk away from this run, run very very fast.

lawnkid14
03-11-2012, 01:01 PM
Ok I will pass on this I apprciate all the help
Posted via Mobile Device

TMlawncare
03-11-2012, 01:14 PM
The mower is probably worth $450 maybe a bit more. Keep in mind it is a parts mower. It would cost way too much to bring it back to working condition.

soloscaperman
03-11-2012, 03:22 PM
When someone sells a mower these days it's either they want a fuel efficient one like EFI or the mower is a money pit.

It's really hard to sell a mower since there prices are around $10K-$15K The price of mowers and the reduced of line of credit for some people it will make it very hard for them to buy a new one. I am keeping mine for as long as it's feasible. I got my left over 2008 Exmark Lazer Z 27HP for $7500 with like 3 hours on it. I think new it was around $8500+