PDA

View Full Version : Alternative to Toro 30" Timemaster

Smallaxe
03-11-2012, 10:34 AM
It seems to me that someone stated somewhere that there is another machine, that has been out on the market for a while and is of proven value...

Is there an existing alternative of substantial size?

lawnboy dan
03-11-2012, 03:41 PM
yea its called the toro 32 proline.

MJB
03-11-2012, 06:17 PM
Y BRAVO 26" is a bit smaller but very well built machine.

TORO Proline is not really a traditional walkbehind. Can it mulch or bag by putting in a plug? Does it have a rear bagger?

lawnboy dan
03-11-2012, 08:22 PM
yes its a traditional commercial wb and will bag but thats a waist of time . mine is 19 seasons old -try that with the toro timemaster

OakNut
03-11-2012, 09:51 PM
Exmark Metro 26?

http://www.outdoorequipmentoutlet.com/pages/PublicMedia/GetMedia/162062

WHIPPLE5.7
03-11-2012, 10:11 PM
Exmark Metro 26?

http://www.outdoorequipmentoutlet.com/pages/PublicMedia/GetMedia/162062

OMG, that looks like atleast an acre size property behind him. A 26 would seem alittle on the small side. I hate my 36 on an acre.

MJB
03-11-2012, 11:07 PM
yes its a traditional commercial wb and will bag but thats a waist of time . mine is 19 seasons old -try that with the toro timemaster

2 completely different animals is what i mean't. I need a traditional walkbehind
that can be used on medians, can't side discharge the grass, so i mulch, or bag . These would be better served using a timemaster than a proline. Nothing against the proline just not a good comparison. Going from a 21 to 30 that feels like a 21 is a no brainer to me.

Smallaxe
03-12-2012, 06:54 AM
I think we have a dealer that does ExMark now... 26" isn't as attractive as the 30" cut, but it is a commercial model?
thanks, I'm going to look into it... :)

J & D Greens
03-12-2012, 08:21 AM
I am seriously considering a 28" Worldlawn walk behind deck mower. I have looked this machine over and also the Toro 30" time-saver. I like the Worldlawn because it seems it is well built for the kind of use I will put it through. (I work SOLO so it won't get abused by inexperience). The design for any of these machines that have come out bigger than 25" just don't seem practical with out casters on the front to maneuver the machine with more control and ease. Steering over the course of a day it would make a big difference to me.
If I get one (I will start the season with what I have until the cash is available) I will definitely share my experience with it.

lawnboy dan
03-12-2012, 09:01 AM
then you want the exmak metro 26

LawnMan19
03-12-2012, 11:37 AM
If you want a more commercial unit go with the Exmark Metro 26.

J & D Greens
03-12-2012, 11:16 PM
I have read a lot of threads about how much trouble everyone has had with the Metro-26", so I'm going to stay away from it. I would go with the time saver over it, but the time saver is not proven either.

tony b
03-13-2012, 02:18 AM
The exmark metro 26 is the worst money I have ever spent. The cut quality is great but you better have more brawn than brains if your going to put very many hrs on this machine. VERY HEAVY and NOT VERY MANUVERIBLE. Employees almost fist fight over who has to use this pos.

OakNut
03-13-2012, 02:31 AM
The exmark metro 26 is the worst money I have ever spent. The cut quality is great but you better have more brawn than brains if your going to put very many hrs on this machine. VERY HEAVY and NOT VERY MANUVERIBLE. Employees almost fist fight over who has to use this pos.

Good to know.

I saw one at a local dealer but didn't really look at it. I was there buying a 36" walk behind and when I saw the $1,700 price tag on the Metro, I just kept walking.

I THINK that was the price. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

FastMan
03-13-2012, 03:06 AM
I had a look at the metro a couple years ago, and passed on it. Between the bad reports here, and the lack of cutting options, it was a no go for me.

Exact Rototilling
03-13-2012, 01:01 PM
Ybravo 25. Weighs less than the metro 26. Handles more like a 21.

Cons:
3.5" Max cutting height
No side discharge option
Could use more power for scalp mowing but Honda Gxv 160 is fine for most normal conditions.

Pros:
High vent bag option for.wet grass....it does.really work.
Cut wet grass really well with standard bag.
Easy to work issues
Co. is super quick to address any issues.
Looks cool ...Darth Maul mower. :)

Experimental options of running. Unauthorized after market blades. Stock blade is 24-5/8" with 5/8 single bolt spindle. Dual bolt spindles will be a challenge.
Posted via Mobile Device

Patriot Services
03-13-2012, 01:04 PM
Sarlo
Posted via Mobile Device

Exact Rototilling
03-13-2012, 07:05 PM
It seems to me that someone stated somewhere that there is another machine, that has been out on the market for a while and is of proven value...

Is there an existing alternative of substantial size?

Quickie 32 especially the dually version. No lack of HP Kawasaki 15-16 HP. Best blade.options of ANY BOP mower plug and.play.

Cons:
Not in current production........
Max mowing height 3.5" or so with stock tires with deck level.

On very uneven ground prone to fore and aft scalping fore and aft due to blade stagger and offset from front and back wheels. Not terribly ideal for grassy swells etc. Get a Ybravo 25 for.that.

Side discharge. Selbro Profit catcher is heavy but doesn't drag off. Accelerator much lighter but $400+

Pros:
nicest finished cut even when mulching with 91-313 blades
High lift 99-127 blades
Oregon hi lift G6 and now G5 gators.
Best bagger in the BOP line up.

....and I'm buying a second one with low.hours....:clapping:
Posted via Mobile Device

Exact Rototilling
03-13-2012, 07:24 PM
There is a strong need for a commercial grade quality rear bagger 28-30 made in the USA mower 9 -12ish HP. Less rutting than a 21" on wet grass hydro drive etc. A solid assortment of plug and play blades ready for release with mower for mulching, bagging and side discharge ready to go. And....super important ....must be able.to mow soaking wet drenched grass so the contractor can stay on schedule.

Note to OPE manufacturers - this size mower and properties it fits on is my niche. Bring this mower to production asap. You will sell a ton of mowers in this class even with a beat down economy. payup

We are all waiting. Bring this mower to market pronto.

That will blow away the Toro 30 in every way for the commerical user.
Posted via Mobile Device

BBC.lawn.services
03-13-2012, 07:32 PM
1+ Exact Rototilling!

Someone please make one!!!!

zachj265
04-29-2012, 12:15 AM
Posted via Mobile Device