PDA

View Full Version : Best scheduling / estimating / routing software

Trendsetterslawncare
03-11-2012, 01:52 PM
What is the best scheduling software program IYO? Looking at Groundskeeper pro, lawn pro, and lawn service software. I like groundskeeper since it take credit cards, and chemical applications, etc., however turned off by the fact it doesn't download to my iPad making it useless in he field. Any other suggestion?

kirkmbrown2001
03-11-2012, 08:38 PM
Take a look at Jobber! I LOVE it and it sounds like it has everything you need. Jobber currently accepts paypal and a little birdie told me you will be able to accept credit cards in the near future. Also, you can add chemical tracking and it is all mobile as well and will work on your ipad! Plus they have excelent support unlike some of the programs you mentioned. Try it out! You won't be disappointed!
www.getjobber.com

Trendsetterslawncare
03-11-2012, 11:19 PM
Take a look at Jobber! I LOVE it and it sounds like it has everything you need. Jobber currently accepts paypal and a little birdie told me you will be able to accept credit cards in the near future. Also, you can add chemical tracking and it is all mobile as well and will work on your ipad! Plus they have excelent support unlike some of the programs you mentioned. Try it out! You won't be disappointed!
www.getjobber.com

That's one I haven't heard of. Thanks!

gardenkeeper88
03-12-2012, 10:27 PM
www.getjobber.com

Only Problem is the job costing with them. As soon as they add that I will look at them seriously.

kirkmbrown2001
03-12-2012, 10:40 PM
Only Problem is the job costing with them. As soon as they add that I will look at them seriously.

Job costing? Could you elaborate on that?

Hansen's Lawn Care
03-12-2012, 10:43 PM
I've heard Service Auto Pilot works great. Check it out at serviceautopilot.com (www.serviceautopilot.com).

Rich

gardenkeeper88
03-12-2012, 11:18 PM
Job costing? Could you elaborate on that?

With Qxpress,I can add all my materials cost and retail. So i enter the amount say salt used on the property (23 bags) enter my start and end time and I can pull a report that tells me labor cost (includes overhead cost as well), actual material cost, and i get total spent, total recived, profit, profit per hour, total income per hour. This all tells me which job in the weeks make me the best money both total and per hour,

kirkmbrown2001
03-12-2012, 11:32 PM
With Qxpress,I can add all my materials cost and retail. So i enter the amount say salt used on the property (23 bags) enter my start and end time and I can pull a report that tells me labor cost (includes overhead cost as well), actual material cost, and i get total spent, total recived, profit, profit per hour, total income per hour. This all tells me which job in the weeks make me the best money both total and per hour,

Ohh, I gotcha. That makes smart business sense! I am sure it is on Sam's (Jobber's Founder) list of things to do. Jobber is a relatively new business and I literally see new additions and functions being added every day. Sam reads what people look for in landscaping software on this site. I know I sound like a walking endorsement for Jobber but with the little time I have been using them, their support and listening to their customer's feedback and wants is stellar! I think it is important to support new and upcoming businesses like Jobber so they can succeed.

I'm not saying to definetly use Jobber, all I am saying is to try various softwares including Jobber before making the final decision and find the right one to fit your needs.

gardenkeeper88
03-15-2012, 03:34 PM
I agree. I have numerous emails w/ sam and ama facebook fan.:clapping: i'm watching and hopefully sam will be in touch w/ me when it is added. I am very interested in the software when they get up to what i'm using now. I hope that years to come they mainstay thier customer support. That is what everyone on lawnsite complains the most about and the #1 reason a software is reccomended. A lot of software will work but the help isn't ther to help a company use it to it's full potential. Both sides lose out that way.
Got that Sam? (jobber) :waving:

grass-scapes
03-15-2012, 07:23 PM
Wow, I wonder how many more "which software" threads we can come up with? Doesn't anyone do a search? This topic has been beat to death over the past 2 months. There should be more info in a search than you could dream.

Jobber
04-06-2012, 05:23 PM
Hey everyone — Sam from Jobber here...

Thanks so much for all the support, both in terms of testimonials of our software, and honest feedback about what the important features for each of you are.

gardenkeeper88: We most certainly have not forgotten about you, and Job Costing is still one of our top priorities once we've finished our current round of feature development. It is definitely an important reporting capability to have for any business, and we will be providing a really easy and robust implementation of it.

I agree that customer support is really important, and I think (based on the comments we receive in these forums and elsewhere) that we're doing a pretty good job of it. Everything from the usability of the software, easy reading documentation, and availability of support all contribute to a great overall user experience, and we aim to only get better at it as we continue to grow. Part of that of course is keeping an ear to the ground and paying attention to forums like LawnSite so that we know when our customers and potential customers are experiencing a pain that we can help solve.

Thanks again everyone for the kind endorsements, the valuable feedback, and for putting your trust in us. We're really excited to continue improving Jobber and to building working relationships with more and more of you.

Sincerely,
Sam Pillar — Co-Founder of Jobber

THEGOLDPRO
04-06-2012, 06:38 PM
www.landscapebilling.com is what i use and love it. Can also be used on your iphone/ipad.

KLC LAWN
04-10-2012, 01:30 AM
Wow, definitely going to check jobber out more.... Very impressed after 15 min toying session

KLC LAWN
04-10-2012, 03:14 AM
Still have not seen a solid solution for printing from the iPad in the field, but the ability to do so with just iPad and printer with jobber would be Devine, I'm pretty sure it can be done as it creates PDF files.... Is there a printer yet? Bluetooth or wifi that doesn't need to be connected to a network?
Posted via Mobile Device

Jobber
04-10-2012, 02:21 PM
Hi KLC LAWN,

Thanks for the kind words. I put some research into the iPad Printing question last night and to my absolute shock, have discovered that there is actually not currently a good solution to the remote tablet printing issue.

I was so surprised to find this that I wrote up a quick blog post on the Jobber Blog about what the issues are, and what two of the best solutions for mobile printing would be. You can find the post here: http://blog.getjobber.com/2012/04/printing-quotes-and-invoices-on-the-road-from-your-tablet/

In a nutshell the problem is that there isn't any hardware out there that supports a tablet connecting directly to it wirelessly — they all require a WiFi network to be present.

Currently the best solution seems to be to run a cheap Netbook alongside a mobile printer.

I'm very eager to see what the hardware manufacturers come up with for mobile tablet printing, as this would obviously be a great thing to be able to easily do for a lot of you.

Does anyone have a good mobile printing setup they can share? Anyone know of any hardware out there that can do tablet printing effectively?

Cheers,
Sam Pillar / Jobber

ptjackson
04-10-2012, 06:08 PM
Sam is right there is no "good solution". Here are two alternatives I can think of might work.

1) the iPad 3 will serve as a hotspot (Verizon only) I wonder if your printer connected to that hotspot if you could print? I'm not sure

2) Someone has got iPad printing to work but there's a WHOLE lot of steps. If you're technical you can check it out

http://genuinely-original.blogspot.com/2011/09/printing-from-ipad-iphone-and-ipod.html

kblandscape
04-18-2012, 04:31 PM
Hey Sam from Jobber,

you probably already answered this before, but is Jobber working with Quickbooks online yet? If so I am sold!. I have not found anything that works with quickbooks online!!

Jobber
04-18-2012, 04:41 PM
Hi kblandscape,

We actually *just* launched the closed Beta of our QuickBooks Online functionality yesterday, so your timing is perfect! If you send me an e-mail at sam@getjobber.com with your Jobber account name (or sign up for our trial and then send me your account name), I'll send you some details and enable the QuickBooks Online Beta for your account.

For that matter, anyone else on this board that's interested in trying out our brand new QuickBooks Online integration feature should get in touch with me! I'd be happy to enable it for you —*just keep in mind that this is a Beta feature, so it won't be perfect, but hopefully you can help us get there!

Cheers,
Sam

KLC LAWN
04-20-2012, 01:37 AM
Since a lt of printers can print right from a cf card inserted, maybe the iPad cf card attachment and then plug card into printer running off power invertor??? Hmmmm??

Jobber
04-20-2012, 01:58 PM
That's some really creative thinking KLC. A quick google search has revealed that most of the CF card readers for iPad are geared towards photographers. I wonder if that means they specifically read data from the Camera Roll only?

I'll do a little more investigating and get back.

- Sam

vinnieobrien
04-21-2012, 02:28 AM
i normally keep lurking instead of posting. but there is a good way to print from anywhere is to get a printer that allows you to set up an email account that prints anything emailed to it. i have it and it works great. if i email it a file itll print the whole thing. its simple and to use the email is free. im sure not all printers have it. hope that helps.

KLC LAWN
04-21-2012, 07:49 PM
i normally keep lurking instead of posting. but there is a good way to print from anywhere is to get a printer that allows you to set up an email account that prints anything emailed to it. i have it and it works great. if i email it a file itll print the whole thing. its simple and to use the email is free. im sure not all printers have it. hope that helps.

that is eprint, need network no good in truck...
I found a solution however ill repost

KLC LAWN
04-21-2012, 07:55 PM
YAY!!! I found a printer that prints directly from the ipad.......

I just bought a hp printer thinking I would use my jailbroken iphone with MyWi hotspot to have the printer connect to the hotspot then the ipad and that way they would be on the same network....

However when I fired the printer up and looked in the ipad network list, just the printer came up as its own network. I click on the printer and it connects to the printer as a network directly and prints flawlessly!

No other network required!!

I am sure there are many hp printers that will do this but the one I bought at Best Buy on sale for $109 is model HP Photosmart 5514 It is front loading so my plan is to fit it under the front seat in the truck, its only 5 3/4" high

Jobber
04-23-2012, 05:07 PM
Awesome find, KLC! It boggles my mind that HP isn't advertising this capability more aggressively. I wonder if their other wireless printers work the same way.

I suppose there's still the minor inconvenience of having to connect to the printer network when you want print something, and then reconnecting to the data network, but that's a pretty minor issue considering what's gained.

Kudos

KLC LAWN
04-23-2012, 09:24 PM
Awesome find, KLC! It boggles my mind that HP isn't advertising this capability more aggressively. I wonder if their other wireless printers work the same way.

I suppose there's still the minor inconvenience of having to connect to the printer network when you want print something, and then reconnecting to the data network, but that's a pretty minor issue considering what's gained.

Kudos

Yes, it is.... The ad hoc network connectivity is the thing to look for. It comes up on all my wireless devices and prints quickly and flawlessly from all of them.

Jobber
04-24-2012, 01:47 PM
I've updated the Jobber Blog post we wrote about this topic with this new found information for posterity — http://blog.getjobber.com/2012/04/printing-quotes-and-invoices-on-the-road-from-your-tablet/

We plan on picking up a couple of other HP models over the next little while to test whether they'll work in the same way. We'll focus on the models that are compact, fast, and easy on ink, as those are the ones most of you are likely to want to install in your vehicles. We'll report back whatever we find!

Cheers,
Sam

organiclawncanada
05-03-2012, 12:42 AM
Sam
I am in Canada and use Quickbooks, is your software compatible for tax purposes?

Jobber
05-03-2012, 03:52 PM
Hi OrganicLawnCanada,

Absolutely —*Jobber works great in Canada and will sync just fine with Canadian versions of QuickBooks.

(psst... we're actually a Canadian company!)

Cheers,
Sam

organiclawncanada
05-03-2012, 09:58 PM
Jobber
Thanks I will be contacting you.