PDA

View Full Version : Echo pb-620 problem

gibbonsballer10
03-11-2012, 11:46 PM
I started it up and it ran fine about 3 weeks ago. Today I go to start it up and it wont start. It has full compression and everything, and I even put some starting fluid in it. Maybe it could be a kill switch problem? If you know anything please help, Thanks.

Ridin' Green
03-12-2012, 12:04 AM
Check the plug for spark (I assume you know how to do that, so I won't insult you here with telling you). This time of year with it going from warm during the day, to cold at night, and especially after running it and everything getting up to running temp, then cooling way down at night, it may have cracked the ceramic. If it did, the plug won't fire right, if it will work at all.

Check for minute pinholes in the fuel line anywhere. That happened on my BR320 last summer, and it just stopped in mid use, and wouldn't start until I cut out the section with the hole from the fuel line, (which it turned out the hole was right up at the bottom of the carb in the line).

Check the kill switch and make sure the contacts aren't sticking.

ed2hess
03-12-2012, 09:57 PM
So it has been sitting around all winter and now won't run:dizzy: I know the solution but I am not allowed to tell you which brand of snake oil to use but you do need one.

gibbonsballer10
03-12-2012, 10:19 PM
So it has been sitting around all winter and now won't run:dizzy: I know the solution but I am not allowed to tell you which brand of snake oil to use but you do need one.

It hasnt been sitting all winter, I start it up at least once a month. And what is snake oil???

willowick
03-13-2012, 12:55 AM

Awesome comment. Can I say which one or is that breaking forums rules?:)