PDA

View Full Version : parking issues

jeremy442
03-12-2012, 10:46 AM
I have a truck and want to buy a trailer to carry some new equipment. The problem i have is that some of my customers live in areas where i barely have room to park just my truck. What do you guys do when you find yourself in a situation like this. do you leave and comeback later or do you say screw it and block the road or do you park a block away and walk all your stuff to the job site? Maybe i should just put all of my customers with this issue on one day and just use he truck for that day and not the trailer.

lawnkingforever
03-12-2012, 12:14 PM
Everybody's situation is different, no right or wrong answer here. But if parking is a big issue I usually pass on the account. I will not risk getting a ticket or some idiot taking out my trailer by blocking a lane of traffic.
Posted via Mobile Device

W&Wlawncare
03-12-2012, 02:51 PM
Get a good set of ramps and just stick your walk behind up in the truck bed, so you can lose the trailer.
Its how I started out mowing and it really was nice to not to have to worry about turning around, etc. And all the other headaches of trailer pulling. Make sure you get a solid set of ramps not a slotted set. The small tires of a walk behind will easily pass through the slots. Harbor freight runs a $40 special from time to time on a set that I used that worked perfectly
Posted via Mobile Device

Glenn Lawn Care
03-12-2012, 03:28 PM
I've blocked off a lane with cones before. I never had any problems doing so.
Posted via Mobile Device

Salcido Lawn
03-12-2012, 05:50 PM
I have too much work to be making "special" trips, just to mow one yard! Block off as little road/driveways as possible, but get your work done. I rarely have that problem though, my truck are flatbed trucks, with dovetails and ramps, built on. Take a look. http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=371727