PDA

View Full Version : case 580B - needs to warmup for 1/2 hour before she'll move

Mr Ranger
12-07-2002, 05:59 PM
My tractor is a power shuttle model. It dosn't have a clutch. When it is cold it takes a 1/2 hour of warmup before she's ready to go. I am wondering is this normal or perhaps it has the wrong fluid in the trans. The book calls 80-90 weight. Does that seem right? Any Idea's?

Thanks
Mr Ranger

coopers
12-07-2002, 09:03 PM
My case 580B only needs to warm up for about 5 or so minutes. My boss's 580B x-hoe can be ready to go in like 2 minutes.

Blake
WA

Mr Ranger
12-07-2002, 10:00 PM
Thanks for the reply. In the summer shes ready in less than 5 minutes. But when the temp drop below freezing it takes forever.

MR Ranger

paul
12-07-2002, 10:07 PM
When was the last time you had the unit serviced? I wonder if you've built up some water or debris in the trans or filters?.

coopers
12-07-2002, 10:23 PM
Speaking of transmision, have you cheked the level of fluid in there? The times that the trans was low on my backhoe (I wasn't around), the machine wouldn't move, obviously. I'd take a quick look, also like said, see if any crap has built up in it. I can't imagine a machine taking 30 mins. to warm up! That would drive me crazy :)

Blake
WA

Mr Ranger
12-08-2002, 02:35 PM
I'm not really certain what the proper fluid is for the trans. The book is a little confusing it calls for 17 quarts of 80-90 EP in the trans and differential housing. I filled the differential housing with 80-90 gear oil, which took 4 gallons. Does it seem right that I would use the same fluid for the trans?

Mr Ranger

coopers
12-08-2002, 11:08 PM
I'm not sure I remember correctly, but my boss said that hydraulic fluid is very similar to something else, and it wouldn't hurt if you put that in instead of the "recomended" fluid. I'm not sure if he was comparing hyd. fluid and trans. fluid. I honestly don't know. I put my trans. fluid in where the clutch is, right inbetween your feet. I haven't put it in anywere else. I just put in however much it needs. So.....