PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Help on Bid Please Help!

J.T.RLawnCare
03-12-2012, 03:38 PM
:confused:I got this job today the HO wants me to trim all hedges weed two large flower beds and start lawn service. I figured 5 hours of weed pulling at 30 an hour 150 and 2 hours to clean up hedges 60 and then lawn service 30 and came up at $240 that just feels like to much? Or do you think is sounds about right?

TNGrassCutter
03-12-2012, 06:27 PM
You trim hedges and mow for $30 an hour? That's less than my costs per hour.
Posted via Mobile Device

DieselHolic
03-12-2012, 06:41 PM
do you do per hour or per man hour?

J.T.RLawnCare
03-12-2012, 10:50 PM
I cut starting at 30 and going up for other work i didnt know what to charge so i just figured 30 an hour but i feel like 240 is too much for the job

JMH Development
03-13-2012, 06:03 AM
You shouldn't feel like that is too much for that job. For us it wouldn't be enough money.

As others have said it's about knowing what your company's cost are and making a profit.

Example we charge $65.00 an hour on all landscape work. Mowing rates are based upon how quickly we can perform the services requested.

wildstarblazer
03-13-2012, 09:45 PM
Doesn't sound like too much for 7 hours of work. I am the same way with prices, I always feel like it sounds like too much, but if a customer has a reasonable idea of how much work is involved than they should expect to pay accordingly. $30 or $35 an hour is on the low end but that's where I start my prices.

Weekend cut easymoney
03-13-2012, 11:48 PM
Bid to make what you think your labor is worth...raise prices as you get too much work
Posted via Mobile Device

J.T.RLawnCare
03-14-2012, 08:39 PM
update i got the job for 240 :weightlifter:

BradLewisLawnCare
03-14-2012, 08:55 PM
nice.. I usually bill $30 an hour if it is straight labor. like pulling weeds or raking leaves. When there is a machine involved I want to make money. I am more a marginal cost = marginal revenue guy. That is how we maximize profits right? mba555... Anyway some people charge straight $65 for weeding when in reality what systems are established that makes weeding easier for a landscaper than a doctor? besides knowing the weeds. That being said Mowing is certainly not $30/hr as your labor is usually $15 and the overhead is usually eating up the other $15... you have to make profit.

Day off?
03-14-2012, 11:03 PM
:confused:I got this job today the HO wants me to trim all hedges weed two large flower beds and start lawn service. I figured 5 hours of weed pulling at 30 an hour 150 and 2 hours to clean up hedges 60 and then lawn service 30 and came up at $240 that just feels like to much? Or do you think is sounds about right?

I see you already got the job so this is a little late... Separate the gardening from the mowing. Charge the same each month for mowing. During the winter months, mow every other week but charge the same. Companies that charge per cut struggle in the winter. Your labor charge for the weeding and trimming is about right. You might want to include a haul and dump fee next time.