PDA

View Full Version : bidding mowing jobs

jnearor
03-12-2012, 04:19 PM
Hello I live in Ohio and was wondering if anyone could explain to me how to bid large mowing jobs. Apt. complex or job that has lots of acres rough terrain.etc.. I do ok with small jobs that I can eye. But large jobs manufacturer plants, highways etc... its difficult to know if I'm bidding correctly. Thanks

Mlawonn
03-12-2012, 07:52 PM
Hello I live in Ohio and was wondering if anyone could explain to me how to bid large mowing jobs. Apt. complex or job that has lots of acres rough terrain.etc.. I do ok with small jobs that I can eye. But large jobs manufacturer plants, highways etc... its difficult to know if I'm bidding correctly. Thanks

Did you inquire with anyone at the business? Condo? etc...Maybe stick with the small jobs if thats what your good at :hammerhead:

Squires4Seasons
03-13-2012, 12:13 AM
How big is the property? You will not make the same money per square foot as you would with residentials. $100 per acre? This would all depend on the property. Does it have a lot of trimming, sidewalk edging etc... or is it a large field?

TuffWork
03-13-2012, 12:32 AM
It's all just practice. I know that's not what you wanna hear, but you have to find your own formula. If you start with a surveying wheel you'll never get it by eye. Just start small and work your way up. I do it less by sq foot and more by time. Figure up a good hourly rate per man hour and guess from there. Guess high. If they don't take it so what. There's always more crappy lawn guys to take clients from.