PDA

View Full Version : High Lift Blade Question......

Lawnboy48195
03-12-2012, 05:42 PM
I want to get some new high lift blades for my Toro 36" WB and was looking at J. Thomas site. There are 18" Offset high lift, solid high lift, notched high lift and wide high lift. What's the difference in them? Any cut better than the others? Thanks!

yardguy28
03-12-2012, 07:42 PM
I just get whatever the mower brand sells.

it's a toro you said? get toro high lifts......

tacoma200
03-12-2012, 08:32 PM
Solid is usually a 2.5" blade with the sail bent up, notched high lifts are usually 2.5" and the notch allows the sail to be bent at a steeper angle for more lift, a wide high lift is usually 3" wide that allows the sail to be even larger still for even more lift. I would probably stay with the notched high lifts close to what the factory puts on. More lift isn't always better, depends on your situation. What came standard on the mower? That's usually the best all around blade. Ultra Cuts usually use notched high lifts and I have very good luck with them. The only time I would use super/wide high lifts is on an open type deck when you may be missing a bit of grass due to lack of lift. Not sure about the offset. Too much lift also hurts in wet grass and causes more build up under the deck. The last J-Thomas blade I got didn't hold an edge well, I have better luck with factory or oregon blades.

Lawnboy48195
03-12-2012, 10:01 PM
Ok, thanks for your help!