PDA

View Full Version : Which mower has.....???

Benchmarklm
03-12-2012, 08:53 PM
Ok so which mower has the cleanest cut in your opinion. Exmark or scag? I will not buy anything else unless it blows me away scag and exmark are just good mowers. However i bought a scag tiger cub 48'' a while ago and never seen something cut as terrible as this mower. It just plain sucks. If the grass is just green it clumps it up all over the yard not even cutting tall grass double cut always and sometimes triple cut. I bought a exmark 52" 2008 model and it is awesome spreads clippings out NO clumps and leaves a good looking cut. Ive been looking to buy a new mower and i have heard some bad things about the new decks on exmarks id love to buy another like mine just cant find a good deal on one with lower hours (less than 400). So which decks or mowers should i stay away from or which ones are really awesome? ive been looking at the vantage (52") or scag v ride (52") if i decide to get a BRAND NEW mower but if i get used mower it will will be zero turn 52inch scag or exmark. What are you guys happy with?

I MOW ALONE
03-12-2012, 10:03 PM
Ok so which mower has the cleanest cut in your opinion. Exmark or scag? I will not buy anything else unless it blows me away scag and exmark are just good mowers. However i bought a scag tiger cub 48'' a while ago and never seen something cut as terrible as this mower. It just plain sucks. If the grass is just green it clumps it up all over the yard not even cutting tall grass double cut always and sometimes triple cut. I bought a exmark 52" 2008 model and it is awesome spreads clippings out NO clumps and leaves a good looking cut. Ive been looking to buy a new mower and i have heard some bad things about the new decks on exmarks id love to buy another like mine just cant find a good deal on one with lower hours (less than 400). So which decks or mowers should i stay away from or which ones are really awesome? ive been looking at the vantage (52") or scag v ride (52") if i decide to get a BRAND NEW mower but if i get used mower it will will be zero turn 52inch scag or exmark. What are you guys happy with?

why would you even consider another scag when the one you have has the worst cut you have seen? what deck is on your scag? and the new decks on exmarks are the same as the old ones. trivantage is the same. ultracut 4 is the same as before. and ultracut 6 is the same as 4 with the best spindles off the triton decks.

GMLC
03-12-2012, 10:08 PM
You need a scag with the velocity deck. Best overall cut in my opinion.
Posted via Mobile Device

tebletlawns
03-12-2012, 10:14 PM
if you get a rider get scag turf tiger. I run all scags and love them. 72, 48, 36. I always thought exmark was top notch along with scag but a ran a buddies lazer, made up my mind after 5 minutes, its the orange mowers for me. I have noticed around here that alot of the big companys around here that run all standers have been switching from wright which has dominated the stander market to scag v ride since they came out a couple of years ago. I cant really say either way on the standers becuase I only run w/b or a large ztr.

Benchmarklm
03-12-2012, 10:17 PM
I am considering a scag because people have told me the velocities are sweet! Mine isn't a velocity.
Posted via Mobile Device

99team
03-12-2012, 11:32 PM
what about bobcat or grasshopper?? I run them both and they are the best in my opinion. I wont touch anything else

Benchmarklm
03-12-2012, 11:39 PM
Don't know anything bout bobcat but my cousin has a grasshopper ztrthat thing is a joke biggest piece ever. No fenders so last year when it was all wet the control panel and ur arms got covered in mud and it had a terrible cut!! Balled up grass all the time no matter how dry grass was. Id never buy one of those
Posted via Mobile Device

Squires4Seasons
03-13-2012, 12:03 AM
The dealers around here would be more that happy to give you a demo of whatever you want if you buy from them. Demo what they have and then make your choice.

These mowers are too expensive to blindly buy without a test drive.

Benchmarklm
03-13-2012, 12:05 AM
Yea no kidding. That's why im trying to do as much research before I drop a ton of money on a mower
Posted via Mobile Device

TuffWork
03-13-2012, 12:39 AM
Look at your competition. What are they running?

weeze
03-13-2012, 02:05 AM
john deere 7iron deck or scag velocity is good. the exmark is good too though. really can't go wrong with any of those.

Agape
03-13-2012, 12:21 PM
I don't know enough about either to really chime in, but I just (5 months) got a brand new exmark 36" tts and I wasn't real happy with the cut until I got a mulch kit and now the cut is beautiful, I think the high lift blades were causing too much turbulence and cutting grass "leaned over" .The low lift mulch blade is a great improvement, you may try a kit on your mower.

oh, and make sure your blades are right side up lol:waving: