PDA

View Full Version : Weed Barrier

DJLS
03-13-2012, 09:15 AM
When you buy a rool of weed barrier a 250 foot roll. How would u charge this to a customer. Like so much a foot and what would a fair pirce be?

Snyder's Lawn Inc
03-13-2012, 09:31 AM
I charge by the sq foot I go off retail price

Kartanimal29
03-13-2012, 08:46 PM
Just use Preen

easy-lift guy
03-16-2012, 09:11 AM
When you buy a rool of weed barrier a 250 foot roll. How would u charge this to a customer. Like so much a foot and what would a fair pirce be?

I would suggest to never waste your time or your customers time/money with this material. It does not work. The weeds will grow thru this material and on top of it. Only use mulch and a herbicide that will control the weeds in your part of the world, if your not licensed to apply herbicide get licensed or hire someone that is.
easy-lift guy

Snyder's Lawn Inc
03-17-2012, 09:51 PM
I would suggest to never waste your time or your customers time/money with this material. It does not work. The weeds will grow thru this material and on top of it. Only use mulch and a herbicide that will control the weeds in your part of the world, if your not licensed to apply herbicide get licensed or hire someone that is.
easy-lift guy

Stuff wont grow thru it only root down thru it
You worried about wasting the customer money Mulch is a big waste of money has to be replace every year to keep a nice color
ues weed barrier with preen and rock it

easy-lift guy
03-19-2012, 09:49 AM
Stuff wont grow thru it only root down thru it
You worried about wasting the customer money Mulch is a big waste of money has to be replace every year to keep a nice color
ues weed barrier with preen and rock it

I do not worry about wasting my customers money. My customers have placed their trust in my knowledge and experience regarding the use of products that work and do not work. I am sure that using a pre emergent such as preen how ever many times a year will be another solution as well, assuming your licensed to apply said material?. Weeds will grow on top of weed barrier fabric and thru it as well. I have seen it to many times to be convinced otherwise.
easy-lift guy

Snyder's Lawn Inc
03-19-2012, 10:27 AM
I do not worry about wasting my customers money. My customers have placed their trust in my knowledge and experience regarding the use of products that work and do not work. I am sure that using a pre emergent such as preen how ever many times a year will be another solution as well, assuming your licensed to apply said material?. Weeds will grow on top of weed barrier fabric and thru it as well. I have seen it to many times to be convinced otherwise.
easy-lift guy

weeds wont grow thru it but yes seedlands on top will root thru the material
In all new big landscape projects its inthe spec's calls for it
I like it keeps stuff from sinking into the dirt I do a lot of rock beds and some mulch beds with it under mulch or rock you can clean the beds with out digging in dirt
Weed barrier Im talking about you cant buy it at a Box Store