PDA

View Full Version : considering the purchase of a Toro Grandstand

grassmastersLC
03-16-2012, 01:07 AM
from what the repair shop tells me it is a 2009 Grandstand with a 48" deck and a 19hp Kawi engine on it. The mower looks to be in overall decent condition. it has 660 hours on it and the repair shop just rebuilt the engine. i know the guy who owns the repair shop so i think i can trust his work. the platform that you stand on is a little beat up and needs a new pad. the pad that you lean against has a small rip in the corner. the machine starts and operates flawlessly. my partner took the machine out today and demoed it and he said it ran great and cut really nice. the shop is only asking $2000 for the mower. that seems like a very good deal to me, just curious what you all think. and also i noticed that the frame has been welded where the left arm for the front wheel connects to the front beam. hoping this is a good find because we are needing a smaller mower

grassmastersLC
03-17-2012, 01:11 AM
cmon now...

Scag413
03-17-2012, 03:16 AM
For $2,000 I would jump all over that deal! Think about it: you can't buy decent shape walkbehinds for that. This thing will run circles around walkbehinds. Especially if you can trust the work of the repair shop, absolutely! The man thing is if the hydros are strong, quick and responsive, and of course the engine. I wouldn't hesitate at all to be honest.

LawnMan19
03-17-2012, 11:13 AM
Yeah, if you can trust the work the repair shop has done and it runs strong, hydros are quick and responsive and the engine is all good now. I'd pick it up

grassmastersLC
03-17-2012, 11:52 PM
im thinking i probably will