PDA

View Full Version : question about the turf tiger i bought this week, thanks

rayray110
03-16-2012, 11:15 AM
after viewing several different threads i finely bought my mower and i do value your thoughts. when i picked up the mower the seller gave me some pointers and info on maintenance. one was not to set the park brake when transporting on a trailer but said he did that anyway, something about breaking a bolt and 2nd i ask about engaging the electric clutch at an idle he said no but engage at full rpm. having dealt with farm tractor pto i always engage at an idle and then ramp up the rpm, how do you guys do it? thanks rayray

djagusch
03-16-2012, 11:56 AM
I engage the blades at full throttle but some do say half throttle.

As for the parking brake. What he is talking about is the the braking band bolt breaking. This happens if the mower rocks too much when transporting it between sites. I use Fast straps on my TT and since then I have not had any issues (besides the straps it has slight chocks that keep the mower from moving). The other thing could be the parking brake is out of adjustment putting more stress on the bolt than need be. If you bust a bolt its a dollar for the bolt (use grade 8) and a half hour of work.

rayray110
03-16-2012, 11:14 PM
thanks for taking your time to answer my question. rayray