PDA

View Full Version : I should be out but I'm not sure...

MOW ED
03-16-2012, 01:04 PM
Its 62 degrees here and its going to be in the 60's for 7 more days. What is the problem you say? Its 2 full weeks early for me to be doing this. I usually start right around April 1. I dethatched ( i know it isn't really thatch) my lawn yesterday and it looks awesome but there are some wet spots in the back. I can't get myself to start clean ups yet. I certainly can't spread pre em in good conscience either. So here I sit looking at the keyboard. I guess I am not asking for advice but what do you think? Should I get out there with knowing full well it could snow in a week and a half? All my stuff is ready to go for the most part so its just hitching up and running. It was nice to do mine yesterday.

djagusch
03-16-2012, 01:21 PM
Plant and shrub care could be currently done. I'm in the MN Twin Cities and the ground is still pretty soft to be anything more than that. We normally are out April 15th and I might be 2 wks ahead for my full sun accounts but not really going to push it.

RodneyK
03-16-2012, 04:51 PM
You should start doing whatever you can. If the warm weather continues you will be cutting earlier than ever probably. If you don't get your clean-ups done then you will be trying to mow heavy growth and do clean-ups. You could put yourself in a tight spot. I didn't want to start this soon either and already feel way behind.

WorldsStrongestLandscaper
03-16-2012, 06:17 PM
I'm up in Waterbury cheshire CT area We started with snow on the ground first few days of march 100+ cleanups done already. Now that opens us up for any new clients that call. ( 7 new this week). In the meantime we will mulch our brains out. But I'm now worried the mulch will be undyed by may instead of July by putting it down so soon. lol!!!hopefully mowing starts in 2 weeks or we pickup a few hardscaping jobs !!! Big Steve B
Posted via Mobile Device

MOW ED
03-16-2012, 06:42 PM
Im couldn't stand it and I got out this afternoon. I feel better and will be out again tomorrow. Saturdays are great for picking up the next door neighbor who sees how good the customers lawn looks.
I can't control the weather so I will react to what I have at the moment. Now I'm mad I didn't get out sooner.

Mahoney3223
03-19-2012, 08:07 PM
100 clean ups ??? wow, that's impressive.

Smallaxe
03-20-2012, 09:08 AM
So far I've finished the normal cleanups and planted grass seed, but our final cleanup will not happen until all the Oak leaves are down and done blowing and the grass is mowed... I believe the ground is thawed everywhere by now, so I'll get to some transplanting this week and bed cleanups with final pruning...
It looks like our rain may not come again, however... we've had 1 rain since the unseasonally high temps started, but with the daily winds we're close to last Oct.'s drought situation...
Why would you pre-m b4 May?