PDA

View Full Version : what computer program?

vaacutabove
03-16-2012, 04:48 PM
It is march early in the season and im overwhelmed already with jobs todo done and need to bill. I have one employee and think i need another. But i have been using exel and a self made word invoice. But its not going to work this year. Any opinions?
Posted via Mobile Device

mowerman90
03-16-2012, 06:35 PM
Medlin Accounts Receivable. It's cheap, it's customizable, will work with plain paper or standard forms, you can email invoices and statements, it's menu driven so it's easy to learn and not complicated like quicken. If you need support it's just a phone call away. http://www.medlin.com/

vaacutabove
03-16-2012, 09:50 PM
Never even heard of it but ill look into it. Anyone else
Posted via Mobile Device

Finestlandscape
03-16-2012, 10:47 PM
i use quick books

agent walker
03-17-2012, 12:23 AM
quickbooks 2011

Finestlandscape
03-17-2012, 12:25 AM
quickbooks 2011

Yes works awsome Estimates invoices
Posted via Mobile Device

agent walker
03-17-2012, 12:29 AM
and profit and loss. see what your making the most money on, or losing it.

Finestlandscape
03-17-2012, 12:33 AM
Yea great program i also have a bookkeeper who does all my billing well worth the money frees up alot Time fpr me to do other things
Posted via Mobile Device

WheatBookkeeping
03-17-2012, 03:03 PM
If you are planning to expand to two employees, use QuckBooks. It will save you a great deal of time. It will also save you hassles with your employees if there are misunderstandings about their paychecks.

If you use a bookkeeper, they'll appreciate the record organization that QuickBooks forces you into. I have a couple of clients that got it together with their QuickBooks. I don't charge then anything. I just look over what they have done (usually takes about 10 minutes), make a backup and send them on their way.

You don't need to stress over your books.

CircleC
03-17-2012, 04:57 PM
Do you use Quickbooks for everything, payroll, invoicing, estimates, and scheduling. I'm in the same boat as the op...growing and excel/word docs just are not cutting it anymore. Need to free up time and makw things easier...
Posted via Mobile Device

Finestlandscape
03-17-2012, 09:28 PM
Yes i use it for everything
Posted via Mobile Device

vaacutabove
03-18-2012, 02:26 PM
Bought the pro quick books last night ended up ringing up 98as bucks was marked 179 so ill take it. How do i tell how much i make say spraying vs mowing i have only startex putting in contacts looks good so far.
Posted via Mobile Device

CircleC
03-18-2012, 02:29 PM
I did see that if u go to intuit web site, they sell a monthly fee package. What's the diffrence in that vs. Buying from a store. I'm looking for something that can help me manage payroll, p/l, and billing.
Posted via Mobile Device

JCLawn and more
03-18-2012, 04:39 PM
im using quickbooks online and Jobber. Jobber is just plain simple and it will automatically input information into quick books. If you don't have payroll quick books online is $15 a month and jobber is $30 a month. Jobber is working pretty nice and does all of my scheduling for me. Then while I am in the field I can access my jobber schedual from my phone. I actually have full access to jobber from my phone if I need to do something. You can even send invoices or quote to the customer while you talk to them at their property. At the end of the day its only a 2 clicks to make a invoice from the job. Then quickbooks online also has a mobile function.

kirkmbrown2001
03-18-2012, 09:24 PM
im using quickbooks online and Jobber. Jobber is just plain simple and it will automatically input information into quick books. If you don't have payroll quick books online is $15 a month and jobber is $30 a month. Jobber is working pretty nice and does all of my scheduling for me. Then while I am in the field I can access my jobber schedual from my phone. I actually have full access to jobber from my phone if I need to do something. You can even send invoices or quote to the customer while you talk to them at their property. At the end of the day its only a 2 clicks to make a invoice from the job. Then quickbooks online also has a mobile function.

Jobber is AWESOME! I love it!

Duekster
03-20-2012, 08:56 PM
Quickbooks is a must if you do payroll and need good accounting. Job scheduling is not there at all.

Will look at jobber cause i need scheduling.

JCLawn and more
03-20-2012, 09:01 PM
I would say the way you go from contact, to job, to schedualing, to invoice is the strongest part of jobber. Then support is super quick and most likly get the president if you have a question. Then you can really customize the contact info a lot which is nice. I have not figured out everything it can do yet and they trying to make it a program made for us which is a plus. So it will only get better.
Posted via Mobile Device

blk90s13
03-21-2012, 06:48 PM
Does the jobber also keep track of customers vendors etc ? I am in the same boat trying to buy something soon before it gets out of hand like last year with paper work

what a nigh mare that was !

JCLawn and more
03-21-2012, 06:50 PM
Need to tell me what you want to do a little more.
Posted via Mobile Device

islandwide
03-21-2012, 11:09 PM
I'm currently using QB 2012 Premier w/web-access and w/mobile access and off-site backup for $39/mo. I also use Act! and a program to keep Act! and QB synced. All-in-all, it works OK. The most lacking part is scheduling and crew management.

While looking for a new solution I focused on web-based apps that had a strong mobile interface. That lead me to lawncal.com and Serviceautopilot.com. I'm leaning towards Service Autopilot even though it is really expensive (like $100/mo). Very robust, though.

willretire@40
04-07-2012, 05:50 PM
Service autopilot
Posted via Mobile Device

Mountain Peak
04-08-2012, 02:26 PM
I use Gopher for all of my scheduling, billing, application work and then Quickbooks pro for my actual accounting as it syncs with my bank account. This is the simplest way I have found that doesn't charge me a monthly fee, I hate monthly fees.

Duekster
04-08-2012, 03:15 PM
I use Gopher for all of my scheduling, billing, application work and then Quickbooks pro for my actual accounting as it syncs with my bank account. This is the simplest way I have found that doesn't charge me a monthly fee, I hate monthly fees.

I got lucky, my accountant that I no longer us still lets me use one of her payroll account license on Quickbooks. I hate monthly fees too.