PDA

View Full Version : mechanical bededgeing

boyd93
03-16-2012, 11:47 PM
I have a proposal I am putting together for a residential job. They want all beds and trees on property mechanical edged. I'm considering buying one cause there is alot of edging to do. Just over 500 ft total. Was wondering what to charge per foot, or any other ideas on how to charge for this. Thank you in advance.

grassyfras
03-16-2012, 11:53 PM
I always edge and do whatever needs to be done to the beds and sometimes add a bed pre-emergent like dimension or snapshot depending on the customer and what I do for them. It comes out to about $70 a yard of mulch depending on amount of , what I call "bed prep", that needs to be done to "prep" the beds. I always try to spray and trim down weeds in a a week or so if possible.

boyd93
03-17-2012, 12:46 AM
Thanks alot for the quick response, and for the very helpfull information. I was planning on spraying something in advance such as dimension, etc. I know the people somewhat and when I totaled the amount of edgeing I was like holy crap, and did'nt want to throw in another charge. Will keep that in mind down the road for future clients as well, thanks again:)

grassyfras
03-17-2012, 03:45 PM
Dimension is generally a per-emergent. I would use Round-up or Glysolsophate (Sp). Get your pest license and protect yourself. Around here it is not hard to get its just as test and $50, and proof of insurance. If your already insured for mowing its not hard or much more to add to your insurance, at least for me.

Some guys may say I'm low on edging and mulch, but I do more full service for my customers. Also, I have a tight route even when it comes to mulching for customers.