PDA

View Full Version : Pricing apartment complex and trailer park

chrisvinky
03-17-2012, 01:03 AM
I have been asked to bid on a trailer park and apartment complex. Using Go iLawn I come up with 2.8 mowable acres and 3600 ft. of trimming around trailers, apartments, etc...

I've never really timed myself to see how long it takes to trim... say 10 ft. Wondering what the average might be and if anybody has suggestions on this type of mowing. Trailer Parks are a first for me!

NMS0219
03-17-2012, 10:28 AM
I have lots of expericance in trailer parks. Biggest problem with them is the plastic skirting on each house. If the weed wacker touches it at all that stuff not only cracks it explodes.

chrisvinky
03-17-2012, 01:56 PM
I have lots of expericance in trailer parks. Biggest problem with them is the plastic skirting on each house. If the weed wacker touches it at all that stuff not only cracks it explodes.

This one is pretty ratty. Most of the skirts are already all to pieces. If need be I'll just round up a 1 - 2 inch strip around them. Any advice on how to price this property? Normally with 3 acres and normal trimming I would be at about $120 but with the amount of trimming here, I'm not sure.

NMS0219
03-17-2012, 09:12 PM
wow $120 really? I love how prices vary by region. Up here I do them at premium prices. I get $20-25 a trailer. Honestly if its real ratty I would pass. I'm guessing lots of extra time moving toys and junk from the yards to mow. The ones I do are all 55 and older parks.

chrisvinky
03-19-2012, 01:06 AM
wow $120 really? I love how prices vary by region. Up here I do them at premium prices. I get $20-25 a trailer. Honestly if its real ratty I would pass. I'm guessing lots of extra time moving toys and junk from the yards to mow. The ones I do are all 55 and older parks.

I gave my bid today. I went with $20 per lot. With 23 lots and an extra 1 acre behind some apartments it came to $500. I think the property manager almost passed out but he said he would turn it in to the owner...we'll see!

imow in NC
03-19-2012, 11:35 AM
I have been asked to bid on a trailer park and apartment complex. Using Go iLawn I come up with 2.8 mowable acres and 3600 ft. of trimming around trailers, apartments, etc...

I've never really timed myself to see how long it takes to trim... say 10 ft. Wondering what the average might be and if anybody has suggestions on this type of mowing. Trailer Parks are a first for me!

I have a trailer park I service. Each lot is 50 X100. All underpinned; most with vinyl skirting. The first thing I did was put a red solo cup on my back pack sprayer wand and sprayed the perimeter of all structures (Mobile homes, storage, etc. Cut my string trimming by 75%! I am getting 30. per lot. This also includes all common areas. If have to stop and pickup anything, that charge goes to the homeowners.:cool2: