PDA

View Full Version : Ferris lS1500z starting problems

countryman247
03-17-2012, 03:44 PM
I have a Feris lS1500Z with the 21 hp kawi. motor and i just replaced the starter, battery, starter silnoid, and the ing switch. When i jump across the siolnoid the starter will spin. But when i turn the ket it dose nothing. the steering arms are in the start position and the parking brake is on and i am sitting in the seat. Anyone have any suggestions on what else to do or replace? Thanks

pugs
03-17-2012, 04:45 PM
I have a Feris lS1500Z with the 21 hp kawi. motor and i just replaced the starter, battery, starter silnoid, and the ing switch. When i jump across the siolnoid the starter will spin. But when i turn the ket it dose nothing. the steering arms are in the start position and the parking brake is on and i am sitting in the seat. Anyone have any suggestions on what else to do or replace? Thanks

Get the wiring diagram and a meter...try troubleshooting before blindly replacing parts.

Restrorob
03-17-2012, 05:55 PM
To add on pugs post, I'd start with testing the parking brake switch....

fixer67
03-17-2012, 07:02 PM
Check your fuses and test the solenoid. ANd remember just because it clicks does not mean it is working. With a meter ot test light see if it is putting out.