PDA

View Full Version : Ford Super Duty Brake Issue

bulhead19
03-20-2012, 12:03 AM
I have an 03 F350 6.0 diesel. Recently, the brakes were grabbing on me I thought is was simply road salt and dirt. Washed em out same thing. So, I buy premium brake pads for the front, assuming it was maybe the pads wore out. Also, all 4 of the rotors,calipers and pads are fresh on the truck ( I bought the truck in Oct from an individual who claimed they were fresh) . So anyway I installed the new pads since I was that far. Then a few days later it started grabbing again. So tonight I put new Brake hoses on thinking maybe the plastic in the hoses were broken from over time. I drive it down the road and started to grab yet again.

I'm gonna bleed the hell out them again. Does anyone experience this issue? could it be a sensor? Maybe just trapped air? The truck has fresh pads,rotors,calipers and now 2 new front hoses. Any help is appreciated thanks.

Swampy
03-20-2012, 01:08 AM
Did you grease the pins?

bulhead19
03-20-2012, 01:37 AM
The two pins on the caliper slider? Yes I cleaned them and never seized them.

bulhead19
03-20-2012, 01:48 AM
I also wired brushed the rust off of them too.

Roger
03-20-2012, 08:28 AM
Maybe the ABS system is not working properly. I've heard of the magnets being dirty, so the signal pickup was not functioning right, causing the ABS to activate wrongly.