PDA

View Full Version : Walker PTO issue

nickslawnltd
03-20-2012, 05:34 PM
I tore a part my first walker and put back together. This is a 93 with 20HP Kohler. Everything is back together and running fine other than when I pull the lever up to engage blades it does nothing I have to push down on the lever the it works:confused:I've searched the net too no luck so wondering if anyone here can steer me to what I'm missing

Restrorob
03-20-2012, 07:26 PM
Here's a MT linkage pic, You didn't post a model.....

Make sure you didn't reverse a rod or pivot arm, It sounds to me you don't have the engagement idler pulley running on the inside of the belt.....

nickslawnltd
03-20-2012, 08:52 PM
Here's a MT linkage pic, You didn't post a model.....

Make sure you didn't reverse a rod or pivot arm, It sounds to me you don't have the engagement idler pulley running on the inside of the belt.....

It's a GHS. I can't seem to make any sense of the diagram where I'm out. I'll snap a pic or two and see if I can figure out how to post them :dizzy: I should have made a few more mental notes but figured I could go off my other units but there different yet again

Restrorob
03-20-2012, 09:09 PM
GHS stands for "Grass Handling System" which is the style deck not the unit model that I know of, Look at the model tag on the unit frame....

hvlawncare
03-20-2012, 11:16 PM
I'm not familiar with the older models, so I could be wrong. However, if you're PTO shaft is not turning, its the shear pin located right between your legs where the pto connects to the deck pto

nickslawnltd
03-21-2012, 12:31 AM
No its turning. It's just when I pull up on the lever it does not engage. I have to push down to engage it. It's working backwards:hammerhead:

nickslawnltd
03-21-2012, 01:58 PM
Thanks for the replies guys but I got it figured out. Realized I didn't have the belt over the tension pulley:hammerhead: too much fixing and other things going on at once and I missed something simple and got frustrated its nice to take a step back once in a while and then go back to it

KrayzKajun
03-21-2012, 02:34 PM
Glad you got it figured out.
Posted via Mobile Device

Restrorob
03-21-2012, 06:51 PM
It sounds to me you don't have the engagement idler pulley running on the inside of the belt.....

Realized I didn't have the belt over the tension pulley

Hmmm...... :weightlifter:

nickslawnltd
03-21-2012, 07:20 PM
So that's what you meant restrorob. Well thank you :drinkup: