PDA

View Full Version : Exmark 24" aerator off their website

djagusch
03-20-2012, 09:12 PM
Exmark took the 24" aerator off their website.

Wonder if they are having production issues or second thoughts on the market for them.

LS did have a hard time getting the few out that they did.

Wonder whats going on with it.

ted putnam
03-20-2012, 10:24 PM
Well, that's a pisser.
I called Turfco today to order the XT5. It was a done-deal and we got to the shipping arrangements and he asked if I had a friend with a forklift that has a business it could be shipped to because I really have no way to unload it myself. It weighs 390lbs. I was like..uh..no, I don't have a friend with a forklift. I live 10 miles from a city of 65K. Surely there is a freight depot it could be sent to. He said he would get with their shipping dept and get back with me. Never heard back. I called at 10AM this morning. I suppose I could have it shipped to my local Lesco branch or an even closer supplier, but that seems kind of unprofessional.

Sorry to vent, but anyway, thought I might go look at my local exmark dealer tomorrow. After what you've posted, that idea may be shot down in flames...frustrating.

Exact Rototilling
03-20-2012, 10:56 PM
http://www.exmark.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProductType=89&TypeOfProduct=aerator

Maybe it's not going to release in July....?

djagusch
03-20-2012, 10:58 PM
Well, that's a pisser.
I called Turfco today to order the XT5. It was a done-deal and we got to the shipping arrangements and he asked if I had a friend with a forklift that has a business it could be shipped to because I really have no way to unload it myself. It weighs 390lbs. I was like..uh..no, I don't have a friend with a forklift. I live 10 miles from a city of 65K. Surely there is a freight depot it could be sent to. He said he would get with their shipping dept and get back with me. Never heard back. I called at 10AM this morning. I suppose I could have it shipped to my local Lesco branch or an even closer supplier, but that seems kind of unprofessional.

Sorry to vent, but anyway, thought I might go look at my local exmark dealer tomorrow. After what you've posted, that idea may be shot down in flames...frustrating.

They still have the 21" and ride on. Just no dual hydro option.

The the Turfco thing the XT5 is the way I was going to go unless the 24" dual hydro had a hydro lift for the tines. Was a wait and see deal.

For the delivery thing I have had plows deliveried to the lawn mower shop without hesitation from the dealer. Mower dealer just happy that I spend a good amount of money with him. I can see Lesco having a issue as they sell aerators also. Maybe see if a local buisness will unload it for $50 or something or if you are rural a local farmer should have a tractor with tines.

djagusch
03-20-2012, 11:00 PM
http://www.exmark.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProductType=89&TypeOfProduct=aerator

Maybe it's not going to release in July....?

How did you get that to pull up?

I go to the turf management drop down menu on top of the website and they only show the 21 and ride on.

Exact Rototilling
03-20-2012, 11:08 PM
How did you get that to pull up?

I go to the turf management drop down menu on top of the website and they only show the 21 and ride on.
Google search....cache version.
Posted via Mobile Device

DA Quality Lawn & YS
03-20-2012, 11:18 PM
Well, that's a pisser.

When I bought my XT5 last year, I told Turfco I had no way to unload off a semi. They sent a truck with a lift to my home:) They will get it done for you, just push them a little.

ted putnam
03-21-2012, 06:47 PM
When I bought my XT5 last year, I told Turfco I had no way to unload off a semi. They sent a truck with a lift to my home:) They will get it done for you, just push them a little.

I guess that's why they're called Turfco "Direct". The only problem was, my name isn't Hercules and none of my employees go by that name either.

Problem solved though. I called my closest supplier and they were glad to do me the favor. I spend a lot of money there so they have a soft spot in their heart for me.:laugh:

Should have it either Friday or Monday. I've only got about 10 aerations to do and that's a lot of money to spend so now I'll just have to sell more. I love getting new toys...

turfcobob
03-21-2012, 06:54 PM
Well, that's a pisser.

Just take a ramp and slide it out of the Truck. I did it with one and I have a bad back. No problem

ted putnam
03-21-2012, 07:23 PM
Just take a ramp and slide it out of the Truck. I did it with one and I have a bad back. No problem

I can see where that would work in a pinch.
Like I said, problem solved. I am the proud new owner of a Turfco XT5 aerator. It just has to get here now... Jim Rucheim was very helpful as were you Bob.
Thanks.

BrunoT
03-23-2012, 01:23 PM
Well, that's a pisser.

This is not an uncommon problem with manufacturers who don't have a dealer network. I tried to buy something about that size before and they couldn't get it to me. Even when they can, it's a PITA and dangerous to unload it in the street, since there's no way the big rigs can get into a driveway.

I'd definitely go Exmark if the unit is any good.

turfcobob
03-26-2012, 10:49 AM
Agreed Bruno selling direct is not without it's challenges. Unloading equipment in residential areas is one of them. I used to live in farm country and they did not want to send their trucks down dirt roads so I would pick up at the terminal. I had a T 3000 delivered one time and they sent a lift gate truck and we just slid it off the lift gate all 650 lbs. We try to get the needs of the customer at order time so we do not have surprises at delivery. But, we still get the occasional surprise when the delivery truck pulls up. Just another day in the equipment biz and believe me they are never boring days. Been in it 39 years now and I still bump into new stuff all the time. Keeps the mind active.

ted putnam
03-26-2012, 05:42 PM
It was a minor "snag" at most on the delivery. The Turfco unit seems to be solid. I checked the oil, put gas in it and it fired up on the first pull, right out of the box(briggs professional 190cc):clapping:

I will try it on my lawn before going out to make money with it but at this point, I don't think there is going to be any problems. Thanks again Bob.

lawn king
03-27-2012, 05:32 AM
Does this new 24 have hydraulic lift/lower for the tines? It looks like it does. I wonder if i get $1000. in trade for my lawn solutions wb?