PDA

View Full Version : Waiting for ExMark 30" Riding Aerator

Rick13
03-21-2012, 02:11 AM
My Local ExMark Dealer said that hopefully in a week or two I should have My Riding Aerator. It was supposed to show up the first week of March.

Does anyone know what the hold up is? I know the 24" dual hydro walk behind won't be out until July...but I'm not sure why the Rider is being delayed?

Any idea???

RodneyK
03-21-2012, 11:13 AM
I am waiting on the Toro version. I was told they are produced but being held due to a parking brake issue. Who knows how long that will take or if that applies to the Exmark version or not.

Rick13
03-21-2012, 11:17 AM
Thanks RodneyK for the info! Going to run out to are local Toro dealer and see if he know's more. If so, I will post it. Thanks again!

Rick13
03-22-2012, 01:27 AM
Went to My Local Toro Dealer today (Wednesday) and he said that his rep. told him that Toro did not plan for the huge demand from Florida. So because of Florida buying up all Toro's Riding Aerators...it has pushed their Supply Chain into the 1st week to 2nd week of April.

So I hope he's right on getting their Aerators by early April.

The ground is still too wet here in Northern Illinois...even though we have been having record temps into the 80's...our normal is usually in the 50's. So everyone wants their yards done now...but I keep telling My Customers we need to wait another week or two.

RodneyK
03-22-2012, 09:11 PM
Thanks for the info! It may be time to start putting pressure on my dealer. He sells a ton of Toro so maybe he has some pull...

BrunoT
03-23-2012, 01:21 PM
Where in Florida do they need core aerators? I lived in two areas of the state and both were sandy soil. The problem was getting water not to percolate out of the turf zone! I never even saw an aerator down there for 3 years.

Cooter
03-23-2012, 11:14 PM
Local Exmark dealer just told me 2 months to a year to get a seeder. What is going on? Are these things ready to be sent out or not?
Posted via Mobile Device

soulman
04-15-2012, 02:43 PM
got one -it's awesome...2 thumbs up!!!!

LupineLandscaping
04-22-2012, 05:51 PM
We're having some belt issues with our exmark ride on. Exmark is aware of the issues and does not have a solution. Any other problems with the exmark or Toro ride ons?
Posted via Mobile Device

Rick13
04-22-2012, 10:14 PM
Hi LupineLandscaping,
I have not had any problems with my ExMark 30" Riding aerator, yet. I have about 15 hours on it and did the oil change at 5 hours....and its be running just fine. Sorry to hear that you are having problems. I should have my aerator out by the end of the week....I have be just too busy....but I have a ton of aeration customer's lined up...so I hope I don't run into any problems.

If and when you find out what Toro is going to do to fix the issue...please post so that everyone can know what's going on. Thanks and good luck!!!

LupineLandscaping
04-22-2012, 10:28 PM
Hopefully you'll be ok. Our first belt broke at 17 hours and second at 20. The belt that breaks is the one for the drive hydro's not the tine hydro. If your's does break, there is a hydro dump lever on each of the hydro's. Once released, you can tow the unit to your trailer and winch it in. In order to replace the belt the whole hydro platform must be dropped. A real pain if done on a clients lawn! The other issue that we have is the hydraulic fluid from the rear (black) reservoir is splashing out of the cap. I'm told this is because it was overfilled at the factory. HHHmMMM, I'm starting to wander if my machine was built on a Friday. Check out some of the other posts from members also having issues.

It's a great machine, but we all need to be able to get what we paid for and stay in contact because it is a NEW machine and the design has gone through some changes since LS had it.

adam.neusbaum
04-26-2012, 11:40 PM
With all the belt trouble & tear down involved to replace, how come more manufacturers haven't utilized the PowerTwist brand of adjustable belts? Because everything on my Turfco Mete-r-Matics have to synchronize just so for belt tension to work properly I've got a 10 Meter box waiting on me to install on the machines. Besides being adjustable they seem really simple to install & all without having to take 1/2 dozen pieces apart to do it.