PDA

View Full Version : perplexed, white foamy oil on dipstick

bare spot
03-21-2012, 02:52 AM
changed the oil in a wb today, get it all filled up to level, i run it a few minutes. and proceed to give it a finial check. when i did this check i noticed what looked to be like a white soapy foam on the stick. so checked it few more times and same thing, wasn't to severe but it was there (oil was filled to correct level). it was the first time i had this mower out since last fall, cept for when i had the valves adjusted few wks ago but don't think that should have no effect on this. so other than that, being the mower was not used all winter and it is kept inside but with little to hardly no heat. was thinking the oil but read something tonite about a similar issue and condensation was mentioned. so at this point idk, but do plan to re-change the oil tomorrow and see happens. engines a kawasaki 16hp (fh-480 v-twin w/ air filter on it) has anyone ever seen anything similar?, thanks

CLARK LAWN
03-21-2012, 10:25 AM
Sounds like water in the engine. Could be condensation or you got some on there washing it. Definitely change it again water is not a good lube.
Posted via Mobile Device

piston slapper
03-21-2012, 12:37 PM
Condensation.....normal from inactivity.....
As long as the oil in the pan is clear....wouldnt worry about it.

bare spot
04-04-2012, 10:31 PM
been awhile on this, foot injury had me out of action. changed the oil everything is looking good, thanks all