PDA

View Full Version : Pics of new 7x14 incl. interior and exterior

DA Quality Lawn & YS
03-21-2012, 07:01 PM
Finally have pics to show of the interior of my enclosed.
The side ramp I ordered, to me, already is a MUST have for my WB and 21"
I plan to Fastrap down my WB. Any suggestions for the Z - should I go Fastraps OR Prolocker? My gut feeling is that Fastraps are kind of a pain to use on a large wheeled Z but need opinions. Also, how do you guys fasten down a 21"?

Thx!

blk90s13
03-21-2012, 07:03 PM
So ****** clean

KrayzKajun
03-21-2012, 07:07 PM
i really like the side ramp! hmmm wonder wht it would take to change my side door to a ramp!

blk90s13
03-21-2012, 09:05 PM
i really like the side ramp! hmmm wonder wht it would take to change my side door to a ramp!

A lot of money

johnyredd99
03-21-2012, 11:53 PM
take notice that mowers are not straped down. nor are the e tracks or eye hooks to strap to installed. beautiful trailer. it is... until emergency stop for office worker at yellow light and mower comes thru front of trailer dont trust the brakes on equipment. strap them

jdutcher003
03-22-2012, 12:20 AM
take notice that mowers are not straped down. nor are the e tracks or eye hooks to strap to installed. beautiful trailer. it is... until emergency stop for office worker at yellow light and mower comes thru front of trailer dont trust the brakes on equipment. strap them

He clearly says that he wants opinions on what straps to use! So they will obviously be strapped down once he gets them

johnyredd99
03-22-2012, 12:47 AM
apoligize for overlooking that detail. atleast statement was made and maybe others wont make the mistake of thinking because its an enclosed trailer straping is not needed.

personally use etracks

http://www.etrailer.com/dept-pg-Trailer_Cargo_Control-sf-E~Track_Parts.aspx

6k pounds should cover you on most accidents and will also give you more options when straping 4 wheelers tractors etc

weeble67
03-22-2012, 01:02 AM
I agree I really like that side ramp. That will be so handy.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
03-22-2012, 01:09 AM
Yep mowers will be strapped I am just going for placement right now until season starts then strapped they will be.

I already have Fastraps for the WB. I hear one vote for etrack for the Z. Anyone think that Fastraps or Prolockers will work better/worse for a Z?

Also, what solutions does everyone have for securing a 21"?

(FYI - some of you are probably wondering why I didn't get the floor line-ex'd or something. The floor is Rainblock engineered for one, and I just don't have time to get the thing done since the season is starting like next week. Perhaps I can get a linex job done down the line....)

knox gsl
03-22-2012, 01:42 AM
I was wondering when you would get some pics up, it looks great. I vote for vertical etrack screwed to the floor next to the wall. This will give you a way to tie down alot of equipment types. How mauch room do you have behind the WB after the door is up, can you walk around it?

Oakleaf landscape
03-22-2012, 12:03 PM
In mine, I have fast straps for the mowers. And then I also ran two strips of e track down the trailer on the floor. It works nice this way. In case I have to pick up additional equipment or I need to move the mowers around in order to fit everything in there I can just use the e track to tie down the mowers and also use it to tie the additional equipment down. I like the fast straps for my stander. Easy and quick. I can get you some pictures if you want. And for my 21", I just have it bungee corded to the workbench in my trailer. It's not going anywhere.

DoetschOutdoor
03-22-2012, 02:57 PM
It seems like the people in this thread are prolockers or faststraps type but I vote for making a wheel chalk out of 2x4s. They will hold any mower just fine. And no mower is going to go through the front of an enclosed trailer, no way possible. I just do too many lawns a day to have to deal with straps but if your only doing a few it might not be a big deal. Lots of people on here use the 2x4 method.

sweetjetskier
03-22-2012, 04:11 PM
Nice setup you have with the trailer.

We owned a 6-12, 7-16 and 7-18 CarMate enclosed when we mowed and they are well worth the expense and time savings.

A bit of advice on the side ramp, the width of the mower and the width of the ramp are close in size.

When we mowed and used enclosed trailers with 72 inch zero turns, the ramps would very slippery when raining or early morning mowing with dew on mower tires.

At least a half dozen times a year one the mowers would slide on the wet ramp and take out a ramp support cable, PIA !! to lift the ramp after that happens.

We used a paint / stain that had a non slip " sand" on the ramps and it worked well for a season than needed to be reapplied.

There are many non slip possibilities to try to use on the ramps to limit the slippery surfaces, see what works best for you.

Oakleaf landscape
03-22-2012, 07:18 PM
I wouldn't trust the 2x4 way. Fast straps take 10 seconds to put on a pair. Tops. DOT doesn't approve the 2x4 way either.

stickleylawncare
03-22-2012, 07:23 PM
Love that side ramp! Our walk behind is in the nose and locked down with a Prolocker. Its so close to the front,side wall that even when the trailer is empty or used for non mowing, its really not in the way. The 60" behind it uses two fast straps, which also dont get in the way. I like Pro lockers better, but they would be a pain too have right in the middle of the floor.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
03-22-2012, 07:27 PM
I wouldn't trust the 2x4 way. Fast straps take 10 seconds to put on a pair. Tops. DOT doesn't approve the 2x4 way either.

I did just fab a nice 2x4 chok for my 21" mower, and screwed it to the flooring. It fits tight in there and I have the handle end bungeed to the bottom of my trimmer rack. I like how that worked out.

I installed Fastraps for the WB b/c I already had them so I am going to use them. I am kicking back and forth Fastraps vs. etrack for the Z.

**Also, how do you guys hang a hand held blower in an enclosed? I am at a loss for ideas?? Is there an attachement for e-track to hang it from?**

gb187
03-24-2012, 11:34 AM
I run an open trailer, pulled the one I run now in excess of 100k miles. I started using 2 x4's due to mower brakes wearing out. I have hit bumps on bridges and roads and seen it bounce off the deck and never rolled or changed position. Plus you really gonna strap and unstrap 20 + time a day?

ParkWelding
03-25-2012, 10:41 AM
I run an open trailer, pulled the one I run now in excess of 100k miles. I started using 2 x4's due to mower brakes wearing out. I have hit bumps on bridges and roads and seen it bounce off the deck and never rolled or changed position. Plus you really gonna strap and unstrap 20 + time a day?

I have been doing the 2x4 deal forever too. Been warned/ticketed for a ton of truck/trailer related infractions years ago, and learned from it. I guess since I was never questioned/warned/ticketed about having multiple ztrs not tied down, i'll not be buying any of the fast strap or prolocker stuff.

While it's not right, it works for me. We will not be unstrapping 20+ times a day either.

Pro-turf lawn
03-26-2012, 02:23 PM
I've probaly asked this before but what is the ballpark for that trailer

DA Quality Lawn & YS
03-27-2012, 02:03 AM
Customized the way it is, about $4,900 takes it (incl tax/freight, etc). The side ramp cost me $400 extra. I have to tell you, I have only used the trailer for a few days now, but I have exclusively used that side ramp for my Permagreen while the rear ramp with the Z has not opened yet and the Z has not moved. I am glad I got that option.

phil5
03-29-2012, 09:48 PM
Prolockers all the way, and It is not because I sell them, Its also because I use them all the time!

New in the box, never used or opened

LOWEST PRICE YOU WILL EVER FIND!!

ProLockers Features:
∑ Heavy Duty steel construction
∑ Powder-coated finish
∑ All hardware and instructions included
∑ Installs in 20 minutes or less
∑ Only one ProLockers needed per piece of equipment up to 1,500 lbs.
∑ Secures equipment and prevents damage
∑ Mounts to left or right side of equipment
∑ Comes complete with mounting brackets and hardware.
∑ Optional Padlock For Theft Prevention
∑ Easy 1 Pin Removal From Trailer Deck
∑ Eliminate Chains, Straps, and Tie-Downs
∑ Exceeds DOT Requirements

Below are the models and their capacity. Please use the tire size for your application as listed below to help you determine the unit that will best match your needs.

MODEL #PE-WL 325
12 1/2" to 16" Tire Height
7 1/8" Tire Width
Fits most zero turn mowers, lawn/garden tractors, and
some snow blowers, stump grinders, and golf carts
List Price: $169.95
Our Price: $60.00 each OR 2 for $100.00 (Spring Special).

MODEL #PE-WL 425
20" to 26" Tire Height
11 1/8" Tire Width
Fits All ATVs, Utility Vehicles, and some large golf carts
List Price: $229.95
Our Price: $120.00

SHIPPING USA only, flat rate of $15.00 for each Prolocker.

PAYMENT, PayPal, Bank Check or Postal Money order ONLY.

I have left over stock of the ORIGINAL STOCK ProLockers, "MADE IN THE USA" and not the ones made in China that you would pay $129.99 for. I can ship FedEx ground (no PO boxes), truck freight and I offer high volume discount buying. Contact me for more information and references.

Phil 715-Five Five One-2215 (cell)
Wausau, WI