PDA

View Full Version : echo 260t

wahlturfcare
03-22-2012, 10:45 AM
I have a echo 260t that last year started running rough and half powered. I have the carb adjusted by me and a echo dealer which made it run alittle better. The spark arrester has been removed, exhaust port cleaned and muffler checked but would still go back to running poor.
yesterday I stuck a new muffler on it and it still wants to do the same thing and run half powered and bogs down when i try to edge with it. I alm running opti oil @ 50:1 mix and using unleaded(non ethanol) gas. I also replace the fuel filter, lines, air filter and spark plug.
Any ideas?

dutch1
03-22-2012, 11:11 AM
Have you checked the compression--anything less than 110psi is getting into the questionable area. Most of Echo's equipment will be around 120+ psi when new.

It would appear that you have covered everything but the carburetor itself. If the metering and pump diagphrams/gaskets haven't been replaced that is something you may want to consider or possibly a complete kit. Occasionally the internal filter screen will get loaded with debris as well. Check both gaskets, between the isoblock/head and between carb/isoblock for possible air leaks. Check isoblock for any apparent cracks.

When you had the muffler off, did you examine the piston and cylinder for any unusual metal transfer/wear? If your compression is low, this is something to check.

piston slapper
03-22-2012, 12:57 PM
Have you checked the compression--anything less than 110psi is getting into the questionable area. Most of Echo's equipment will be around 120+ psi when new.

It would appear that you have covered everything but the carburetor itself. If the metering and pump diagphrams/gaskets haven't been replaced that is something you may want to consider or possibly a complete kit. Occasionally the internal filter screen will get loaded with debris as well. Check both gaskets, between the isoblock/head and between carb/isoblock for possible air leaks. Check isoblock for any apparent cracks.

When you had the muffler off, did you examine the piston and cylinder for any unusual metal transfer/wear? If your compression is low, this is something to check.

Hmmmm.....Getting a little quicker.....

wahlturfcare
03-22-2012, 12:59 PM
i meant that i put a new carb on it instead of muffler. The compression is around 118 and the piston/cylinder all in great shape as far as I can tell.

MowerMedic77
03-22-2012, 04:29 PM
If the exhaust port was clogged more then 50% I would check for clogged transfer ports in the cylinder....
Posted via Mobile Device