PDA

View Full Version : Spark Arrestors

dhenegar
08-10-2000, 05:12 AM
I had a spark arrestor clog up on a shindaiwa T-260 and was thinking about just taking it out and tossing it. Will this affect anything as far as the life of the trimmer. Thanks

Keith
08-10-2000, 06:09 AM
No, it should not affect the trimmer in any negative way. I guess you are assuming it would create a slightly lean condition? Removing it will allow it to flow exhaust only moderately better than it did when it was new and had a clean spark arrestor.

I choose to run mine without. But I guess if you lived in an area where wild fires were a pretty frequent thing, your decision would likely be different.

bob
08-10-2000, 07:13 PM
Take it out. You"ll never have to worry about it clogging at the wrong time again. I remove all the screens on my 2 cycle equipment and have never had a problem.

chrisbolte
08-10-2000, 08:23 PM
take it out it helps my equipment run smoother. Lawn equipment store said it shouldnt hurt equipment. The only problem is that you can get a few hundred fine in some states. It is really ment for California

dhenegar
08-10-2000, 11:39 PM
Thanks Guys! I took all of spark arrestors out today and it really made a difference. My T-270 seemed to have more power now than when it was new. So did every thing else.

Keith
08-11-2000, 12:27 AM
Pretty wicked sounding too :p