PDA

View Full Version : Any experience Stander 32"

hi_speedreed
03-24-2012, 11:23 AM
My business really took off this year. I am doing many of my accounts with a 21" right now. I am thinking a stander would increase my productivity but I have read on here about quality issues with the very small decks with some mowers. Does anyone have any experience with a Stander 32"? Also, how long does it take to get used to using a stand on? I demoed the V-Ride and it was my first experience and it felt like it was going to throw me off the back. Thanks, I appreciate your feedback.
Posted via Mobile Device

IHA Services
03-24-2012, 11:40 AM
I can't speak from experience but will say that we are in basically the same boat you are in right now.

Our solution right now looks to be a '32 ferris hydro walk behind. Cheaper than a stander and will be a great solution for us.

WHIPPLE5.7
03-24-2012, 12:16 PM
I myself always wanted a Wright 32" but from my research the lbs per sq in. is too heavy and many people ditch them because they rut very bad. In all the years Wirght has been making this unit they never seemed too concerned about addressing the issue otherwise I would own one by now. If you rut up a customers place not only are you likely to lose them but also they will hold you liable for the damage repair which could be using a sodcutter to cut up the grass and re level the entire lot. This isn't real likely but you shoukld never leave room for potential trouble like this. If they dropped its weight by 40lbs and ran 1.5 inch wider rear tires the problem would be reduced by probably around 60%.

Landrus2
03-24-2012, 12:24 PM
I can sell you one with 145 hours. I really like my walkers

weaver
03-24-2012, 02:09 PM
I myself always wanted a Wright 32" but from my research the lbs per sq in. is too heavy and many people ditch them because they rut very bad. In all the years Wirght has been making this unit they never seemed too concerned about addressing the issue otherwise I would own one by now. If you rut up a customers place not only are you likely to lose them but also they will hold you liable for the damage repair which could be using a sodcutter to cut up the grass and re level the entire lot. This isn't real likely but you shoukld never leave room for potential trouble like this. If they dropped its weight by 40lbs and ran 1.5 inch wider rear tires the problem would be reduced by probably around 60%.

Could'nt you just wait till the lawn is nice and wet and use a lawn roller to flaten things back out?

hi_speedreed
03-24-2012, 02:24 PM
Thanks for the info Whipples! I know I can be profitable with the 21s cause I am currently. Jim's (?) runs 21s exclusively and he has built a very large business. If I was in a position to hire someone I would just stick with the 21s but I am thinking about doing something cause I'm solo. I need to demo a hydro walk behind and see how I like it. I know I'm not a fan of the cub cadet 33" walk behind. I know it's not commercial but I got it dirt cheap and it has comein handy at times. But I have tried it in small yards and it's just too bulky to manage in small fenced in areas and the controls are not the best unless you are mowing open area. I mow faster with the 21 in tight areas. I also like the 21 cause I leave the trailer at home. Everything fits in the bed. I don't know, just spitballin in my head. I only have one yard now that warrants me having a ztr. I ought to sell it and use the money as a down payment on a new commercial 32" be it walk or stand. That fits my business better right now
Posted via Mobile Device

ALEX'S LANDSCAPING
03-24-2012, 02:24 PM
I would also like some info on this Wright Commercial 32" stander, because I am looking at one for next year.

WHIPPLE5.7
03-24-2012, 03:09 PM
Two mowers that are going to take off big whether people agree with me or not is the Ybravo 25 and the Toro 30. The Toro 30 homeowner model seems to be the test dummy for how they are going to build their commercial but I'm sure by the time the commercial hits the streets its going to be nothign short of a true money maker. If you had a guy on a Ybravo 25, another on a Toro 30, and third on the trimmer/blower you would be rolling out some srious production on smaller sized yards. Cheap mowers that get a lot done fast. I have a BOP 36 and have to do a lot of bagging and it sucks because of the catcher hanging way out to the side. I love the idea of larger deck rear bagging mowers. I can't count how times I started on a place with my 36 and had to park it and grab a 21" off trailer because the catcher was falling off due to uneven terrain.

Florida Gardener
03-24-2012, 08:59 PM
I can't speak from experience but will say that we are in basically the same boat you are in right now.

Our solution right now looks to be a '32 ferris hydro walk behind. Cheaper than a stander and will be a great solution for us.

I own a 36" stander and 32" hydrocut. If you have smaller properties, the hydrocut is the way to go as it is significantly cheaper...both are great machines.
Posted via Mobile Device

grassmaster06
03-24-2012, 10:28 PM
I have a 32 in wright and it cuts very good ,it's fast and if you don't know how to cut grass almost any mower will tear a lawn up .I'm very pleased with mine regard less of what has been said about them

hi_speedreed
03-24-2012, 10:39 PM
I've watched all the youtube videos of the 32 Hydrocut and the 32 Stander I could find. I really like the looks of both of them. I need to demo both of them on my small yards. See which one works better for me. I like the idea of the Stander better but I like the cost of the Hydrocut. I think I could really book through some yards with either one of them.

IHA Services
03-24-2012, 10:51 PM
I own a 36" stander and 32" hydrocut. If you have smaller properties, the hydrocut is the way to go as it is significantly cheaper...both are great machines.
Posted via Mobile Device

I appreciate the advice. the '32 is gonna be coming my way soon!

Scott's Lawn Maintenance
03-25-2012, 11:51 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

OLC
03-26-2012, 12:00 AM
Check out the Ybravo 25. It has the Honda GXV160 engine, a 25" mowing deck, and it's only 1500 bucks.
Andrew

Scott's Lawn Maintenance
03-26-2012, 12:05 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

Scott's Lawn Maintenance
03-26-2012, 12:09 AM
Posted via Mobile Device
Love my 32 in stander, after using a 32 in gear drive for years could not be happier.
Posted via Mobile Device

grassmaster06
03-26-2012, 07:56 PM
Check out the Ybravo 25. It has the Honda GXV160 engine, a 25" mowing deck, and it's only 1500 bucks.
Andrew

How does the y bravo cut

OLC
03-26-2012, 11:32 PM
How does the y bravo cut

I have no clue! I'm looking into getting one this year for doing our "hand mower only" H.O.A's

Exact Rototilling
03-26-2012, 11:34 PM
How does the y bravo cut
yBravo 25 Cuts better than the Toro 21’s but nothing and I mean nothing.... I have seen yet beats the cut of my BOP Quickie 32 with either Oregon® 99-127 blades bagging or 91-313 while mulching and has high flotation tires less than 400 pounds. :nono:

Q32 is the best BOP mower for bagging BTW. http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/images/graemlins/default/grin2.gif