PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Gravely Compact Pro 34 or Pro Stance?

zmancgc
03-24-2012, 05:40 PM
I am purchasing two gravely mowers, one being the brand new Pro Turn 160. My 2nd mower, I am torn between the Compact Pro 34 and the Pro Stance in either 34 or 36. I need something that will fit into gates, but can be quick/large enough to get the job done quickly.

Any knowledge, thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Wecutgrass
03-24-2012, 05:48 PM
I have a 34z the model before the compact pro and I don't have one compliment it is an amazing mower, cuts great, discharges great, bags great. Anything it does, it does great.
Posted via Mobile Device

zmancgc
03-31-2012, 07:56 PM
Yeah, I just got my Pro Turn 160 today and even though I haven't really had a chance to use it, I'm thoroughly impressed by what I have seen out of it. I've decided to go with the Pro Stance. Gravely has dug deep in their pockets to upgrade their stand ons, and, from what I've heard, Gravely is doing everything they can to get as close to the Wright Stander as possible without getting hit with a patent suit from Wright. The Wright Stander is what I've been lusting after for a while, so now I can get a well built wanna be for much cheaper at 0%-48mo's financing. Plus it'll fit into my trailer more easily, be more easily accessible (i.e. getting on and off), and still goes 8-9mph. The 2012 pro-stance's will be launched in 15 days according to my dealer, so I'm pretty stoked.

GMLC
04-01-2012, 05:08 PM
The Gravely reps told me the patents Wright has are for the positioning of the rider over the wheels. Gravely's Pro Stance has the rider as close as possible without infringing on those patents. Gravely's stander is suppose to be superior to the Wright stander with a much lower center of gravity. I cant wait to try one.