PDA

View Full Version : Equipment Financing

CLservice
03-24-2012, 11:11 PM
Just checking if anyone knows of any good equipment financing companies that deals with lawn care business? Iím looking at buy two zero turns, plan on make payments to build up some credit. Thanks

grandview (2006)
03-24-2012, 11:14 PM
Start with your local bank or credit union,If you have to,most new equipment has financing options for you ,but you will pay more.

CLservice
03-24-2012, 11:39 PM
I have done some loans with my local bank. (Snowplows, trucks) I want to mix it up a little bit. I was looking to see if there is any online places anyone uses.

JB1
03-25-2012, 12:10 AM
try http://www.sheffieldfinancial.com/ or http://www.tdrcs.com/yardcard/

grandview (2006)
03-25-2012, 07:43 AM
Sheffield is going to be around 10-12%. Go to a different bank and build up some credit there to. They will loan you the money seeing your already established with another bank and have a history of paying.

keithslawnc
03-25-2012, 10:30 AM
Sheffield is offering 0% interest for 48 months right now. Just purchased a Cheetah last week. Bought another mower through them two years ago with 3.9% for 60 months

KS_Grasscutter
03-25-2012, 10:44 AM
The only time its a good idea to use a finance company is when you are buying something through a manufacturers promotion such as 0 percent for 36 months. I was dumb enough to finance an ATV through sheffield at 14.99 percent. Once I realized what it was costing me I refinanced through my credit union for 2.99 percent.
Posted via Mobile Device

FLC2000
03-25-2012, 11:19 AM
cash is king

OakNut
03-25-2012, 11:56 AM
^ That was helpful.

Cash may be king, but it does you no good if you don't have enough of it.
I would have liked to have bought a used mower, but I couldn't afford one, so I bought a brand new one.

In my case 0%/36 months is king.

Mine is through Sheffield via dealer/manufacturer promotion.

FLC2000
03-25-2012, 12:45 PM
^ That was helpful.

Cash may be king, but it does you no good if you don't have enough of it.
I would have liked to have bought a used mower, but I couldn't afford one, so I bought a brand new one.

In my case 0%/36 months is king.

Mine is through Sheffield via dealer/manufacturer promotion.

Ive financed one piece of equipment in 12 years. If I dont have cash for it I save up. If I dont have time to save up Ill buy used.

I dont care about percentage rates. I care about FREE AND CLEAR.

JB1
03-25-2012, 12:50 PM
Ive financed one piece of equipment in 12 years. If I dont have cash for it I save up. If I dont have time to save up Ill buy used.

I dont care about percentage rates. I care about FREE AND CLEAR.

that is good for you, but that wasn't his question was it.

FLC2000
03-25-2012, 12:58 PM
that is good for you, but that wasn't his question was it.

Just offering advice. Didnt know the internet police were going to get involved.

To many people finance and get stuck making payments for years and by the time they get it paid it off its worth 30% of what it was new or its not running at all.

The best thing to do is pay up front for it.

Seems like pretty simple logic to me.

And to be honest if you dont like what I post ignore it.

JB1
03-25-2012, 01:09 PM
Just offering advice. Didnt know the internet police were going to get involved.

To many people finance and get stuck making payments for years and by the time they get it paid it off its worth 30% of what it was new or its not running at all.

The best thing to do is pay up front for it.

Seems like pretty simple logic to me.

And to be honest if you dont like what I post ignore it.

so i gues that mean that you paid cash for your house and that its paid off. well congrats then.

FLC2000
03-25-2012, 02:12 PM
so i gues that mean that you paid cash for your house and that its paid off. well congrats then.

yawn...

Its an opinion. Again, if you dont like it dont respond.

CLservice
03-25-2012, 03:16 PM
By the end of this mowing season I will have enough cash to pay for them. So right now I was looking for a 6months of a 12months deal or make payment for 6months and pay it all off. I just figured I would make payments now to improve my credit, that way if a rainy day situation happens down the road I will have good credit for that situation.

FLC2000
03-25-2012, 03:48 PM
By the end of this mowing season I will have enough cash to pay for them. So right now I was looking for a 6months of a 12months deal or make payment for 6months and pay it all off. I just figured I would make payments now to improve my credit, that way if a rainy day situation happens down the road I will have good credit for that situation.

If its all you can do and if the piece of equipment you are buying is a neccessity than by all means do it.

Just sink every penny you have into paying it off as soon as possible.

I hate financing. I hate credit cards. I hate borrowing money. Id rather have someone owe me money than the other way around.

CLservice
03-25-2012, 06:50 PM
Ya, I donít have the cash right now, by the end of the season with the contract I have I should be able. I try to only use cash but you need credit sometime down the road.

grandview (2006)
03-25-2012, 06:58 PM
Ya, I donít have the cash right now, by the end of the season with the contract I have I should be able. I try to only use cash but you need credit sometime down the road.

That is right.

McFarland_Lawn_Care
04-02-2012, 08:45 AM
I have financed a few things over the years and it did help me out. Put some cash down on it if at all possible. I have used GE and Sheffield and had good experiences with both. Try to take advantage of the promotional deals - 0% is good. Just be sure business is growing to keep up with it and you'll be fine. Companies that grow very quickly and are very secure almost always borrow capital to keep up with their growth. It's all part of investing. Now PERSONAL debt I am against! Good luck and let us know how you make out!

Jason