PDA

View Full Version : Walker Super B

Pro-turf lawn
03-25-2012, 12:19 AM
I was wondering about the Walker Super B and the side discharge models like it. Are they lower priced? do they scalp and is the cut quality as good as the ghs models? How do you like them

Fred B
03-25-2012, 11:34 AM
They are an incredible machine if you use the 52" rear discharge. The 60" you have to be careful on uneven terrain and do not leave a wonderful cut if the grass is longer or wet.

joemower
03-25-2012, 02:09 PM
They are an incredible machine if you use the 52" rear discharge. The 60" you have to be careful on uneven terrain and do not leave a wonderful cut if the grass is longer or wet.

I agree. Outstanding machine when you use it with the 52" rear discharge deck. I have two of them now. One is the original 27 Hp and my newest one is the Diesel. I was not thrilled with the cut of the original 60" SD deck but I have been able to demo their newer re-designed 60" SD deck and it did cut nicer. I still prefer the 52" rear discharge/mulching deck. It will blow your mind for what it can handle... You must demo one.

As for them being any cheaper than other riders, mid mounts, or "Z's" they are pretty comparable. When they first hit the the market they where only $7995.00 which was cheaper but their prices have gone up a bit since then. I just paid close to $14,00 for a demo Diesel unit with only 30hrs. on it. Don't quote me but I think the gas units are running somewhere near $11,000 now depending on options and deck size.

There is nothing like the cut quality of a GHS. Be realistic on your expectations. The 52" rear discharge deck does an unbelievable job of making the clippings disappear but it's not vacuuming the lawn like a GHS. The benefit is that you are cutting much faster and don't have to handle the disposal of the clippings. The 52" rear discharge also saves you time while cutting and clean up over the SD decks for you don't have to worry about clipping blowing into mulch beds.

The other big advantage I see the Super B has over other riders is it's hill stability and maneuverability. It will hold a hill better than any mid mount mower that I have ever seen or used. Also with it being a out front deck design getting under fences and trees is a breeze. As with all other Walker models you also have the ability use other implements and attachments making it a more usable machine.

OLC
03-26-2012, 12:51 AM
All we use right now is walkers (except for a 36" walk behind when it rains) we bag 100% of what we mow, so we have been very happy with them. We bought the super bee because of the dealer support that we have had in the past, the overall durability/quality of the walkers we already own, and the fact that all the boys' here are all great with the walker controls.
We use the mower for all of our bigger lawns (1/2 acre+) and we love it! The power of the Yanmar diesel is great. It can mow much faster than a normal walker (8-10+ mph?). It has a bigger deck, we have the new 60" with the Peco bagger. The handling is great, it even does quite well on side-hills. It has the standard walker controls, and it is SUPER comfy. The fuel consumption is pretty good I think, we are getting between .8 and 1.2 gal's per hour.
Right now we are very happy with it, we only have about 120hrs on though so i guess time will tell.
Hope this helps.
Andrew

mtmower
03-26-2012, 01:56 AM
It has a bigger deck, we have the new 60" with the Peco bagger.
Andrew

Do you have any pics of the Super B with the Peco bagger on it? This is one reason I haven't considered a Super B is the lack of bagger options. I don't bag except for thatch in the spring and leaves in the fall.

OLC
03-26-2012, 10:54 AM
The Peco bagger does'nt have anywhere near the suction of a GHS. We used it last fall for leaves and were not super impressed, it works great for grass though.
I'll see if I can get some pic's of it soon.

Pro-turf lawn
03-26-2012, 01:37 PM
Thanks for the help guys do they make a 48 inch, and I nent to say would it be better than my gravely mid mount

joemower
03-26-2012, 09:33 PM
Thanks for the help guys do they make a 48 inch, and I nent to say would it be better than my gravely mid mount

They don't make a 48'' specifically for the Super B and a 48'' would be a bit small for it anyhow. The Super B is a bit bigger than the GHS that you are use to. You can however buy adapters to connect any other Walker deck or attachment to it if you really wanted to.