PDA

View Full Version : Bluebird Power rake with rear bag

JR88
03-25-2012, 12:16 AM
Hey guys. Looking to buy a a bluebird power rake with the rear bag. Just a couple questions. Is it worth spending the extra couple dollars to get the rear bag? Does it save alot time? Does it pick up the worst of the stuff? and lastely how fast does the bag fill up?
Thanks for all your help!

mtmower
03-25-2012, 02:17 AM
It's dirty and labor intensive. Yes the bag is worth it and it picks up pretty well along with loose dirt that filters through the bag and onto you, esp. depending on the type of dirt and how dry. The drier the nicer the thatch comes up. With a non bagger unit it maybe less dirty. How quick it fills of course is dependent on how much thatch is in a sq. ft. Some yards it seems like your emptying it every 50ft. others you might triple that distance before emptying. Then you either transfer it to something like a wheelbarrow, garbage sack, etc. or you wheel the whole machine to where you're going to dump. Pushes hard full and bag is awkward to get on and off full. It's like putting a 100 lbs. sack on a push mower and trying to push it around. Ok if your going straight on a smooth flat surface. I only use mine if I can't get my ZTR with my JRCO rake in. I have three properties out of roughly 30 that I need it on other wise I'd have sold it. That being said they're probably as good a walk behind machine as any out there. You may consider renting one before you make the jump.

LindblomRJ
03-25-2012, 07:31 PM
Used one once. It turned into more more in the long run.