PDA

View Full Version : Will this snow ever melt????

LAWNS AND MOWER
12-11-2002, 01:12 PM
Still have 30 fall cleanups to go and there's still 2 inches of snow on the ground. Havn't been able to work in 10 days. I'm starting to get cabin fever and Christmas isn't even hear yet. Last year this time, the ski slopes in my area hadn't even begun making snow. They started blowing snow on Dec. 24th. This year, they were open on Nov. 15th. Think Spring!!!!

Scraper
12-11-2002, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by LAWNS AND MOWER
Think Spring!!!!

Dam...slow down dude! Same problem here, but I can sure wait for Spring. Heck...Fall isn't even offically over yet.

Esby
12-11-2002, 01:50 PM
Fall is over here! Bring me some snow! My MX Z is getting restless!

f350
12-11-2002, 04:09 PM
hopefully never.. brppp, brppp... the only green i want to see is, my new arctic cat firecat.....

lawnboy11
12-11-2002, 05:52 PM
I hope it melts soon. I also have about 35 clean-ups to finish. Bulk of leaves are out, but I need to finish so I can bill full amounts. Giant pain in the *****. It can snow every day after Jan 1st and I hope it does.

LAWNGODFATHER
12-11-2002, 07:05 PM
NO!!!

They just added your area to the polar ice caps.

Turfdude
12-11-2002, 07:45 PM
I also have a lot of clean-ups left approx 200+-as well as 80+-clients to fert for.
Don't sweat it too much. All should melt soon. We normally don't finish all clean-ups till beginning or mid-January anyway. This year snow came early, leaves fell late and townships were in middle of leaf collection. Nowthe leaves are all over courtesy of the snow plows.

Bob

edward hedrick
12-11-2002, 08:35 PM
It is raining here, my forcast is for a good xmas week should be

able to finish then. Still have mower on trailer. waiting for thaw.

Ed.

Envy Lawn Service
12-11-2002, 08:57 PM
LAWNS AND MOWER,

I had the same feeling until this morning :o
Lastnight's slow rain got rid of the rest of the snow down here for the most part. Everything is just soaked now is all. You mean the rain missed you up there? I have some accounts at the foot of the mountain. I wonder what there condition is now....

Gimmie time to catch my breath and I'll be ready for spring too :alien:

LakeSide Lawn and Landscape
12-11-2002, 09:45 PM
Im ready for spring!!!!The more money the better,keep it comingpayup payup payup

CMLLawnServices
12-11-2002, 10:36 PM
We need some spring up here , already starting to get low on cash. last year I was playing roller hockey in a t shirt outside , on dec 15.

mklawnman
12-11-2002, 11:47 PM
How about we send you our sunny and 40degree weather and you send us all the snow you want. Would like a white x-mass along with doing the plowing work to make some $$ :) The next 7days temps in the low to mid 40's:eek: What kind of a December forcast is that????????
All brown around here no leaves on the trees and its feeling like spring already minus the green grass and the buds on the trees. Like the temp, but id rather like to see the white stuff this time of the year along with 20-30degree weather.
Matt

bubble boy
12-12-2002, 02:02 AM
i think were just about done here for fall clean ups, unless someone called this evening.

of course gonna be warmer for a few days:rolleyes: what timing...

after battling the cold and snow all thru fall i get warm weather to start computer season.

LAWNS AND MOWER
12-12-2002, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Envy Lawn Service
LAWNS AND MOWER,

I had the same feeling until this morning :o
Lastnight's slow rain got rid of the rest of the snow down here for the most part. Everything is just soaked now is all. You mean the rain missed you up there? I have some accounts at the foot of the mountain. I wonder what there condition is now....

Gimmie time to catch my breath and I'll be ready for spring too :alien:
We got a good dumping Tues night, but just seems like it's taking forever to melt. Ground is soaked which means leaves won't be blowable and I'm sure as hell not going to take the rake to them. Was down your way on Sun and it seemed as if there was as much snow at the base of the mountain as there is up my way. Only 15 weeks til mowing season cranks up!!!!

Envy Lawn Service
12-12-2002, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by LAWNS AND MOWER
Was down your way on Sun and it seemed as if there was as much snow at the base of the mountain as there is up my way. Only 15 weeks til mowing season cranks up!!!!

Well I guess that means I'll be fiddle fartin' around a while longer on those last few cleanups. We got a minor little skiff of ice down here overnight. Just enough to piss me off is all. You know, frozen leaves and such. Plus things are more soaked than they were before.

I haven't got much done since the snow. I've just took it day by day and tried to get something accomplished each day. I started with another round of fertilize as soon as things softened up a bit. Now I'm getting up major stuff here and there where I can. Like branches and such that were broken out during the ice.

Soon as I finish all that, I'll start from the south and work north until I get all the leaves cleaned up again. Several places should be in good enough shape to get started on by now. They are calling for rain again tomorrow. So that really helps out :dizzy:

I should be done soon though. Turn around twice and it will be spring again! Maybe, just maybe those dang Birch trees will turn loose of their leaves by then. I got several of those. What a PITA!

Well anyways, I got to go eyeball a few of my accounts to see how they are and try to make time to gather some data on a commercial bid before dark....