PDA

View Full Version : Cub cadet tank LZ vs Hustler Super Z

TNWS
03-25-2012, 07:06 AM
Well I traded again. Once you own Super Z your hooked.:hammerhead: The tank did a nice job of mowing but I just didn't like the way it handled compared to my old Z. I used the tank 2 weeks & traded it for a 2011 Super Z.:) My wife could tell when I was mowing with the tank I wasn't happy with it. She was right again !

superdog1
03-25-2012, 07:29 AM
What made you do this? Is there something about the Hustler that is leaps and bounds ahead of the Cub? Also, didn't you lose your a$$ when you got rid of the Cub after two weeks of ownership?:confused:

mtmower
03-25-2012, 08:48 AM
Well I traded again. Once you own Super Z your hooked.:hammerhead: The tank did a nice job of mowing but I just didn't like the way it handled compared to my old Z. I used the tank 2 weeks & traded it for a 2011 Super Z.:) My wife could tell when I was mowing with the tank I wasn't happy with it. She was right again !

Did your '11 come with the VX4 deck? What size deck and engine did you get? Give us some feed back on how the mower cuts and disperses if you would please.

TNWS
03-27-2012, 06:59 AM
Yes it would of been cheaper if i would have bought the hustler in the first place..........but now I'm happy !

It has the vx4 deck, 60" cut & 31 hp. It cuts & discharges the grass great. I don't care for the solid tires on the front. I may change tires someday with tubes. I'm also going to put the wavy mulch blades on . That's what i had on my other Z.

mtmower
03-27-2012, 10:50 AM
I haven't tried them yet but I've heard good things about the Oregon fusion G6 blades. You may want to give them a look.

Ridin' Green
03-27-2012, 11:02 AM
I haven't tried them yet but I've heard good things about the Oregon fusion G6 blades. You may want to give them a look.

Agreed! Their the best blade out right now IMO for general mowing without a mulch kit installed.

BestImpressions99
03-27-2012, 11:49 AM
Cub and Deere are ages beyond everyone when it comes to residential lawncare and farm type equipment. They came into the ZTR mower business because they saw an opportunity. They were losing revenue because everyone was leaving them behind as far as speed and productivity. Give Cub especially a few more years and I'd consider them. Just can't think of them as the hydro ZTR type. Sorry. Heard LOTS of good things about the Super Z.

TNWS
03-28-2012, 05:22 AM
About 10 yrs ago I purchased a set of gator blades for my 316 jd mower. They were just a little better than the stock blade as for as making the grass clippings about half the size. I still had to use my lawn sweeper .

Last year I got a wild hair:hammerhead: & bought a set of gator blades for my 06 super z. I used them 10 mins . Then I took them off & put the wavy blades back on. I sold the gator blades as scrap iron.

The only way I would put the G6 blades on is if I could try before I buy.