PDA

View Full Version : JRCO Dethatcher for Toro Ztr

Q Land
03-25-2012, 03:15 PM
Does anyone have one of these thatchers for the front of there ztr's? Do they work good and is it worth it or better off buying a self propelled unit ie Bluebird, Billygoat. Useage be 10x plus a year. Any pictures would help? Thnx

lcfd8
03-25-2012, 08:54 PM
I have a 5' JRCO on my Exmark and it is GREAT!!! Would highly recommend this attachment!
A collection system is a MUST!!

Randy

lbmd1
03-26-2012, 10:32 PM
Don't compare one to the other as they both are different animals. We have always owned both but use them according to the situation at hand. The JRCO is great in the spring while performing spring cleanups, lifting up the matted down grass and removing and raking winter debris. A true bluebird flail dethatcher is used on thicker, heavier thatched lawns that need a good power raking that will in fact tear up the lawn a little if not done correctly. But they are in no way comparable for results side by side. Hope that helps.

Mike

lbmd1
03-26-2012, 10:34 PM
Don't compare one to the other as they both are different animals. We have always owned both but use them according to the situation at hand. The JRCO is great in the spring while performing spring cleanups, lifting up the matted down grass and removing and raking winter debris. A true bluebird flail dethatcher is used on thicker, heavier thatched lawns that need a good power raking that will in fact tear up the lawn a little if not done correctly. But they are in no way comparable for results side by side. Hope that helps.

Mike

DA Quality Lawn & YS
03-30-2012, 12:43 AM
OP - I run a 46" JRCO tine rake on my Toro ZTR. It works very well at removing the dead grass blades from lawns and sprucing them up, letting them 'breathe' better. It will not remove the tougher thatch layer very well though - core aeration is better for that.
I use a grass gobbler for collection but it fills fairly fast. I plan to get a bagger unit soon but for now the catcher does ok just have to dump it about 4 times per 1/4 acre lawn.

LandscaperPro
03-30-2012, 10:57 AM
We sell JRCO brand. They have a great reputation and great customer service. We can also get any replacement part for this equipment.

http://www.landscaperpro.com/dethatchers.aspx

Thanks,
Blake
Landscaper Pro