PDA

View Full Version : Open Trailer questions

jrsimpson77
03-26-2012, 12:40 AM
You'll have to excuse me I'm fairly new and still learning. I have just a little 6X12
trailer with the high sides with ramp, seems to work for me for one zero turn and a push mower and of course i have the back of the truck for other tools. I'm sure I will buy another one before to long because business is picking up so fast but anyways.....

My truck has a bit of a lift on it....Not the smoothest riding truck. Equipment seems to move around a bit....Besides strapping equipment down is there anything else I can do to make it stay in place a little better. Guess maybe it doesn't matter but just thought I'd ask the veterans here what they do.

Thank You.

unkownfl
03-26-2012, 12:52 AM
It really needs to be strapped down unless you have 4ft sides all the way around. You could screw 2x4s into the floor to keep it from rolling around. I did this in my enclosed trailer.

castlerockmo
03-26-2012, 12:56 AM
I have done 2x's as well. Im thinking about doing the pro lockers or something similar on my new trailer.
Posted via Mobile Device

jrsimpson77
03-26-2012, 12:58 AM
That's actually what I was thinking about doing. My trailer does have the 4ft sides...and I'm not against straps but it's so time consuming.

Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device

jrsimpson77
03-26-2012, 01:00 AM
What's the pro lockers?
Posted via Mobile Device

CLARK LAWN
03-26-2012, 11:36 AM
Just know that even with 4' sides and 2"x4" 's you can still get cited for insecure load. If you ever have an accident those sides or the 2x's aren't going to stop that mower from coming off the trailer and flying through the air.
Posted via Mobile Device

unkownfl
03-26-2012, 10:01 PM
Just know that even with 4' sides and 2"x4" 's you can still get cited for insecure load. If you ever have an accident those sides or the 2x's aren't going to stop that mower from coming off the trailer and flying through the air.
Posted via Mobile Device

Neither will ratchet straps.

CS-LAWNSERVICE
03-27-2012, 09:20 PM
binders and chains seem like such an over kill though