PDA

View Full Version : Push Leaf Blower & Plow

DBLC
12-11-2002, 06:36 PM
I am interrested in a push leaf blower. What kind do you suggest? How much will I spend? ALSO, has any one ever made a push plow? Instead of on a walk behing just with small wheel to push? THANKS!!

LAWNGODFATHER
12-11-2002, 07:02 PM
Little Wonder, except no others. $800

Jrco make a plow for leaves. $400

baddboygeorge
12-11-2002, 08:03 PM
i recommend the little wonder or the fradan brands blowers both are great i have the 5 an 8 hp little wonders an they work very well an service has always been quick if they need it. on leaf plows i have always made mine with lite angle iron an expanded metal i have also used plywood just use your imagination an keep it lite they really work well an moves leaf piles quickly . any more help feel free to contact me anytime thanks george

lawncare3
12-11-2002, 11:05 PM
Jrco make a plow for leaves. $400
you can get them for $300- w/o shipping.

dlandscaping
12-11-2002, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by lawncare3

Does that include the $125 mounting hardware (metal bar across castors?

I paid $732 for my 10hsp billygoat qb1004 last fall. I like it works well has power. I just saw a little wonder 13hsp honda for $1300 it looked like it would blow my bg away.

McKeeLand
12-11-2002, 11:37 PM
I think DBLC is talking about a leaf plow that you push, not the WB. Good old man power. I've never seen one and frankly if you got a WB why not use that. I've never ran into a situation where the WB wouldn't work.
And just to add, the little wonder is the only way to go. just picked up a new 8hp and it plows my old 10hp away.

gogetter
12-11-2002, 11:47 PM
I just bought a 10hp Little Wonder for about $850. Really moves them leaves! Great for clearing backyards and any large areas fast.
The downside is when you get to the front yard. You can only go so far with it, because then you'll start blwoing them into the street. At that point would be a good time to use a leaf plow (I don't have one, but am thinking about for next year). Then you can put them right where you want them and not worry about overblowing them.

If you go to this page:

www.************************.com

somehwere on there is a page with pics and details of a home made leaf plow mounted on a WB mower.

I don't think a manual leaf plow will be very effective. A big pile of leaves has alot of weight. I don't think you'll get too far that way.

LAWNGODFATHER
12-12-2002, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by lawncare3

:Sig line: Sanpper 48"wb,Crapsman 21" gear drive,Crapsman 21"wb,Echo cs-4400,Echo cs-3450,Echo pb-2100,Stihlbr420c maginum Crapsman weedwacker :sig line:

What is a sanpper and does it fit it?

GroundKprs
12-12-2002, 12:13 AM
".......10hp Little Wonder.....downside.....start blowing them into the street."

Same machine, great improvement over backpacks and smaller wheel blowers. When you get near the street, just throttle down and move close up on the pile, then just move pile all together to the curb; just a little goes into street - blow that back to curb with machine at lowest throttle. Full or near full throttle will blow leaves over the top, and send them about 25 ft. If you can blow so the pile rolls, you don't get that spread. Just need to pace it properly so you don't break through the pile and start blowing long distance. Sometimes requires playing with throttle some.

DBLC
12-12-2002, 12:24 PM
thanks for the replies! I dont want to mount a leaf plow on my walkbehind because I dont want to have to tie up trailer space. I am wanting to make some light to push SHORT distances! I am looking for a little wonder dealer now. I guess that must be the one to get! THANKS AGAIN!!

McKeeLand
12-12-2002, 12:34 PM
The leaf plows don't take up any room, beacuase they either come off the WB all together and go where ever you want or they flip up on to the mowing deck. Take it from me, i bought a my first plow from The Landscaper Supply catalog 4 or 5 years ago before JRCO made theirs. It was only$199 bucks, so i figured let me try it out maybe it will work. wouldn't be the first time i wasted $200 bucks. Well let me say, now that same plow is the most important peice of equipment i have for doing leaves, right up there with the walk behind blower.

rodfather
12-12-2002, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by LAWNGODFATHER
What is a sanpper and does it fit it?

Think he means Snapper, Mike.

Jusmowin
12-12-2002, 09:59 PM
I just bought a MacKissic 5hp push blowerfor $250 a few weeks ago that really MOVES the leaves along quite well. As for a leaf plow, not many folks around this area use leaf plows.

cantoo
12-12-2002, 10:02 PM
DBLC, I use a plastic snow scraper to move leaves short distances. It also works good on windy days. I use the scraper to move thick leaves to the loader then use the Walker to suck up what is left. Mine is about 36" wide, sometimes quicker and easier than anything ellse. Works good on pavement too.

Likestomow
12-12-2002, 10:12 PM
I think it might be a fish, but I don't know if it's edible???

Darryl G
12-13-2002, 03:42 AM
My 48 WB mowes leaves pretty well without a plow.