PDA

View Full Version : Help bidding a contract job

j-sin
03-26-2012, 09:38 PM
So I have been passing out some flyers in my area (Piedmont NC)
and after doing all non contract work decided to try and work in some contract customers. I recieved the following email

albeit vague as the reference to lawn size lets just assume its right at a half acre. I know many of you would be reluctant to throw a number on this
but lets just see some realistic "ballpark" figures

EMAIL AS FOLLOWS-----------------------
Would like a bid for weekly lawn mowing on Fridays (if weather prevents you from mowing on Friday, you will mow on an alternate day that week)
Year round weed control - Complete Property
Fertilizer - as needed
Lime - as needed
Other chemicals - as needed
Fall reseeding w/ aerator
Fall leaf removal
Bush/shrubs trimming - three times per year

highlander316
03-26-2012, 10:06 PM
his first statement already annoyed me.

highlander316
03-26-2012, 10:08 PM
just remember, everyone's prices are based on their area. Mine will be different than yours. If he has a 1/2 acre, I'd say at least $45 for mow (my area). That's with minimal trimming. Everything else. How many bushes? I don't do chemicals, so can't help you there.

j-sin
03-26-2012, 10:12 PM
his first statement already annoyed me.

lol yea it did me too but I do wanna see what a basic roundabout starting point number would be at

Glenn Lawn Care
03-26-2012, 10:16 PM
Are you able to mow it on Fridays? I agree, I was annoyed with what he first said!!!

j-sin
03-27-2012, 06:25 AM
I can fit him in and mow on fridays but IM more wondering about the cost of Quality seed fertilizer lime pre emergents for that size area

TriCountyLawn
03-27-2012, 09:34 AM
All you can do is figure your cost and lets the cards fall where they may. FWIW this guy sounds like a PITA...lol Or hes had clown after clown not get his grass cut by Friday. I like to ask why they are getting a new LCO , their answers usually spell it out.