PDA

View Full Version : Natural Mulch

SECTLANDSCAPING
03-26-2012, 11:53 PM
So far the majority of clients have been requesting cedar and hemlock mulch this year. A few wanted cedar because of the natural oils that prevent insects others just didnt want the dye. For a while everyone wanted dye colors but that seems to have changed now. The dyes seems to fade and decompose the faster too.

This got me thinking of natural mulch. I never tried using it. It looks like woodchips and mix of other random wood pieces. Its around $10-$20 cheaper then the others but I dont know much about it. Is there any drawback to using natural mulch?

I dont want to sell someone on something thats not good.

grandview (2006)
03-27-2012, 05:05 AM
Mulch is natural at least the good stuff is. Most your red mulch is ground up 2x4 's from construction sites.

SECTLANDSCAPING
03-27-2012, 08:05 AM
Mulch is natural at least the good stuff is. Most your red mulch is ground up 2x4 's from construction sites.
This is what I'm talking about. I have two suppliers selling this.
http://www.galesferryhorticulture.com/products-mulch-natural.html

I shoudlve clarified it better. All the mulches listed are natural but this is a blend thats offered that I'm not to sure about.

grandview (2006)
03-27-2012, 01:03 PM
If your talking about the wood chips ,that stuff is ok if your doing an area with a bed of trees away from the house.It's a filler ,the other ones are better for around the house.