PDA

View Full Version : surprise surprise with poulan pro backpacks !!!

baddboygeorge
12-11-2002, 07:45 PM
i bought a used poulan pro backpack 3 years ago an i cant seem to stop this unit i have other backpacks as well like red max an i have had some buntons an i had one stihl br 400 . i tell ya what out of all of them i have done nothing to this used poulan pro. the other day i was looking for some backpacks an i was shopping around an i came across the poulan pro blowers once again the price i just couldn't pass an hell when i started looking at the unit i noticed that they had the kawasaki engines .when i seen that i was sold the model is the bp400 an i tell ya what they are one hell of a unit . they are lite weight very durable an have some awesome power .i have been using them on leaf work an at this point i am tickeled pink .if you havent tried them out please take a look its a great product. any questions feel free thanks george

cajuncutter
12-11-2002, 10:18 PM
When you say you have RedMax, what model are you reffering to? I just can not see how you could favor a 40cc over a 70 cc unless you are pinching pennies over fuel costs. EB 7000 will do almost 3 times the work of the 400 and 4000 models. :cool:

gogetter
12-11-2002, 10:35 PM
For the money, they are a great unit. I have 2 and am happy with mine.
BBGeorge, what did you pay for yours? I got mine on eBay. One was $200 and one was $225 shipping included.

baddboygeorge
12-12-2002, 12:35 PM
cajun the red max is a great blower dont get me wrong but the 7000 has a weight difference an definitley a big price difference .the poulan pro's that i have purchased at $ 249 a piece are plenty of power for commercial lawn care an its nice i can buy two for the price of the redmax.remember higher priced equipment is not always better!!!

bubble boy
12-12-2002, 12:40 PM
now i can't bash them cause i've never tried them, but for the couple hundred bucks i am not in the least bit tempted to switch.

cajuncutter
12-12-2002, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by baddboygeorge
cajun the red max is a great blower dont get me wrong but the 7000 has a weight difference an definitley a big price difference .the poulan pro's that i have purchased at $ 249 a piece are plenty of power for commercial lawn care an its nice i can buy two for the price of the redmax.remember higher priced equipment is not always better!!!

Ok I can not bash the pro's either. I guess if you want a low priced blower I have no doubt that you may not be able to beat it. However if you are looking for something to move a mountain of leaves or blow wet grass clippings the shin 630 and the redmax 7000 or 7001 are the way to go. And yes I have put mine up against the BR400. The redmax blows the BR away!!!

baddboygeorge
12-12-2002, 12:57 PM
cajun i just cant justify the price difference if i need that type of blowing power i have some little wonder push blowers for that!!!

KLMlawn
12-12-2002, 01:13 PM
Most likely you are purchasing a unit that is made by Vandermollen. The use varied colors for their plastic housings (depending on what the flagship color of the company that is ordering them is) and utilize several different sizes of Kawi engines based on what retail price the customer is looking to sell them at. Some of the names that I believe purchase from them are, Kaz, John Deere, Husquvarna, Landscapers Supply, various "big box stores" under the name "Windmill". I could be mistaken on one or two, but they all look TOO similar ... take it for what it is worth...

Jusmowin
12-12-2002, 05:51 PM
I think Ive seen those blowers at sears, they didnt look half bad maybe even a good back up blower or stickly a "grass season" blower.

gogetter
12-12-2002, 06:28 PM
I've never seen the backpack models at sears, but I have seen them at Lowes for like $279-$299.

SJR Lawncare
12-12-2002, 06:48 PM
I have always used the Poulan 442 till my dealer stopped selling them & converted to redmax(AWESOME) But 2 of my poulans are still kicking, they are virtually unstoppable. For the price, they are worth it.

GraZHopA
12-12-2002, 08:03 PM
bbgeorge; I am glad you brought up the subject of blowers. I have been looking at the Solo 472 Back Pack Blower; Air Volume 865; cfm Air Velocity 235 mph; Dry Weight 20.5 lbs; (13dB from the 53 cc motor). It is impressive even though it has a small motor. I was wondering if anyone is using this and what they think about it.

AztlanLC
12-12-2002, 08:37 PM
remember higher priced equipment is not always better!!!

Well in this case it is, I haven't run into anything that outperforms my Eb7001 Redmax, I was a thru beliver of stihl until I tried this unit, I have use the poulans, solo, shind. (great unit too), echo (not the newer model).

Even if the pouland would cost $50.00 the redmax pays for itself, it takes me about 30% 20% percent less time to finish my clean ups, compare to using the stihls br400 series.

Thanks to all the people that posted about the redmax otherwise I would still be using stihl, not that they aren't good is only that redmax is better or maybe the best.