PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Fast! Ferris IS2000 vs. Simplicity Cobalt

SnowSon
03-27-2012, 07:14 AM
Ok, I have a real dilemma. I am looking to purchase a new ZTR as I just bought a new home with 5 acres to mow. I have been looking at a Ferris IS2000Z and a Simplicity Cobalt both w/ 61" decks. They are both made by the same company with a little bit different specs on the engine and the striping kit is what I am being told. I can buy both for about the same money.

My REAL DILEMMA is that I want the Simplicity, but am thinking that the Ferris might be a better machine. The Simplicity comes with a better striping kit and headlights (I know you are rolling your eyes......when the heck am I ever going to use headlights?) Also, I like the look of the Simplicity more than that of the Ferris.

HOWEVER, I want to buy the better machine. I take care of my equipment and want the best machine for the money as I am going to have a lot of land to mow for years to come.

I am looking for any thoughts from anyone that has experience with these machines. Thank you in advance for all of your feedback!!!!!!

brunnesa
03-27-2012, 11:56 AM
It looks like there might be a difference in decks also. The pictures on Simplicity's website show the deck on the Cobalt is not the slope front ICD deck. If it is not, the Ferris will have a better cut. Also, something else I noticed is the Cobalt uses a Hydro-gear HGM-12 wheel motor and the Ferris uses a Parker wheel motor. They both use Hydro-Gear pumps. I do not know if there is a really big difference in performance or longevity between the different wheel motors.

skew
03-27-2012, 10:20 PM
I just bought a is2000z about a month ago. Everytime I mow I am amazed at the time savings. One lot I mow around 8-9 acres would take me 4-5 hrs with a big tractor w/84" finish mower. I mow it in 1.7 hrs with the ferris!! It will mow at full speed 10mph no bogging what so ever. The tractor would bogg down if you tried to goto fast. And the cut is perfect also

PLS-Tx
03-28-2012, 02:42 AM
Buy the Ferris.

1whitetail
03-28-2012, 03:30 AM
The Ferris is marketed mainly for the commercial user while the Simplicity is marketed more for the residential user looking for a high end mower. They are also well known for their nice quality of cut and stripes. I would probably go with the Ferris if I had to pick one of the two.

MONTE
04-21-2012, 10:38 AM
Did you buy yet? There is a company here that the owner is retiring and blowing out Simplicity cobalts worth the money. REALLY WORTH THE MONEY!!

orangemower
04-21-2012, 10:42 AM
Go with the Ferris.

MONTE
04-21-2012, 11:12 AM
I am not sure I would considering the cost diffrence. Unless there is some ferris mowers cheaper than they are around here.The two machines are virtually the same except paint. These cobalts that they are closing out have 32hp vanguards on them.

weaver
04-21-2012, 01:35 PM
Ok, I have a real dilemma. I am looking to purchase a new ZTR as I just bought a new home with 5 acres to mow. I have been looking at a Ferris IS2000Z and a Simplicity Cobalt both w/ 61" decks. They are both made by the same company with a little bit different specs on the engine and the striping kit is what I am being told. I can buy both for about the same money.

My REAL DILEMMA is that I want the Simplicity, but am thinking that the Ferris might be a better machine. The Simplicity comes with a better striping kit and headlights (I know you are rolling your eyes......when the heck am I ever going to use headlights?) Also, I like the look of the Simplicity more than that of the Ferris.

HOWEVER, I want to buy the better machine. I take care of my equipment and want the best machine for the money as I am going to have a lot of land to mow for years to come.

I am looking for any thoughts from anyone that has experience with these machines. Thank you in advance for all of your feedback!!!!!!

What kind of prices are you getting cause there is a dealer in Nashville TN that is really got just about everyone beat... Big Ferris dealer...

MONTE
04-22-2012, 11:09 AM
What kind of price is he getting on the ferris? I am currious because I am thinking about buying the local guys inventory on the simplicity and reselling them. He is $4500 cheaper than what they want for the same ferris machine locally.

orangemower
04-22-2012, 07:34 PM
Does Ferris own Simplicity?

CCA Green Services
04-22-2012, 07:55 PM
Yes they do... They both are a part of the Briggs & Stratton Products Group.... I would go with the FERRIS Brand, I what the IS2000z, IS3100z, & the Evolution..:weightlifter::usflag: