PDA

View Full Version : Country Clipper & Gator Blades

dono0013
03-27-2012, 10:41 AM
I realize there are many forums out there discussing Gator Blades. But I'd like to know specifically if anyone has installed Gator Blades on a Country Clipper and what are your impressions? I've got a 48" Jazee and use for residential cutting only. I'm also confused about all the different Gator Blade info I see (Mulchers, 3-in-1's, G6's, Fusion, etc.) and have never seen anything that provides a clear explanation of the differences. I am planning on trying some Gators (without a mulching kit, i.e. plug) and would like to know what I should expect versus the standard CC blades.

Thanks for your input.

Ridin' Green
03-27-2012, 10:54 AM
I have no experience with the Country Clipper machines, but I have a bit with the Gator blades, especially the G6's. I have never thought too much of the std Gator blades as far as mulching goes, but the G6 is an entirely different animal.

The G6 is a high lift/high sail version of the Gator blade. It is 3" wide vs 2.5 for the std blade. It has the Fusion treatment along the bottom side of the cutting edge on the outer 2-3" of the blade. The Fusion treatment is carbide particles embedded into the steel which helps the cutting edge hold its sharp edge for longer periods of time. The G6 also has a much longer cutting edge vs the std Gator, and it is also .250" thick steel vs approx. .205" for the std version.

The G6 is about the best blade out righ tnow as long as your machine has the power to spin them properly. The only way to know for sure is to try them on your machine. They mulch far better than std Gator blades, and discharge like there's no tomorrow.

There is a G5 version that is identical in all aspects except for the thickness of the steel, which is .205" so vs the .250" of the G6. The G5 is for machines that can't quite run the G6 at full RPM's.

IHTH

dono0013
03-27-2012, 02:04 PM
Thanks for the input. I just got an email back from Oregon and they said the only blade they have for my cc is the 3-in-1, not fusion and not G6. Would really love to try to G6 but sounds like my mower won't run them effectively.

Still interested to know if anyone with a cc has switched to the Gator 3-in-1 (99-617) and what are your results.

Ridin' Green
03-27-2012, 02:12 PM
Thanks for the input. I just got an email back from Oregon and they said the only blade they have for my cc is the 3-in-1, not fusion and not G6. Would really love to try to G6 but sounds like my mower won't run them effectively.

Still interested to know if anyone with a cc has switched to the Gator 3-in-1 (99-617) and what are your results.

You might get better results if you post a link to this thread in the homeowner forum. I have seen the CC mentioned there a lot more than this forum.

dono0013
03-27-2012, 02:42 PM
Thanks Ridin'Green. Just did that.