PDA

View Full Version : Help Needs with Quote for removal of current landscaping

asllct
03-27-2012, 05:43 PM
Hi All,
This is actually my first thread. I have been in business for 3 years and this year it seems like business is really taking off. I need some help with this quote. I have a client who is looking to rip out all her current scrubs and plantage in the front of the house and have us redesign a new landscape. My problem is I need help with the estimate for the removal. I need to remove all stump and level surface to prepare for new design. What would you guys charge to remove 21 large scrubs with stumps included? Thanks for you help.

GHL
03-31-2012, 10:41 PM
These questions are always hard to judge. What equipment do you have available to you? Or is this a job you plan to do by hand? Something else to consider is what you plan to do with the old bushes and stumps, don't forget disposal costs, unless you have a dumping area that you can use for free. If you don't have a tractor or something, at twenty-some odd bushes I would consider getting a small tractor or skid loader for the day if the bushes are really that big. Additionally if you get a tractor or something along those lines it will make leveling out the ground, bringing in large new plants, and or mulch much easier.

GreenI.A.
04-01-2012, 03:43 PM
In addition to what was said above, what size are the "large" shrubs. Are they Rhody's that are 10' high and 12' in diameter, are they Yews that are 4' h x 3' across, or junipers that are 1.5' high and 6' across?? These can all be considered large shrubs and make the difference between throwing them in the back of your truck or having a container brought in for dumpster removal. If they are large like Rhody's then do you want to get a 40yd container and toss them in or spend the time and cut them up to fit in a 20yd container? The type of plant will also help us get an idea of the roots. Some shrubs you can easily pull up out of the ground with a skidsteer or miniex, others you will need to pull at it then get under the plant to cut the roots, then pull some more, then cut the roots some more, then pull it out.

Smallaxe
04-01-2012, 05:51 PM
Always consider the roots , wrapped around pipes or cables or hoses or even soils that support the foundation... Done recklessly, there could be a huge liability...

Consider the time it would take to just remove the tops...

Then figure out what's underground and ADD that to your original quote...

lukemelo216
04-03-2012, 11:37 PM
Echoing what small axe said. The very first item we address on a new job is what's underground. We call a locate in so its done ready to go and we know where the lines are at.
Posted via Mobile Device