PDA

View Full Version : Anonymous gift left on truck

bob
12-11-2002, 10:24 PM
Here's the gift some a**h*** left on my 02 Chevy.

Runner
12-11-2002, 10:28 PM
Oh, Man!
Where was this when it happened? That is awful!:(

CMLLawnServices
12-11-2002, 10:28 PM
Thats a pretty nasty scratch, sucks that the guy didn`t wait around 4 u.

mdb landscaping
12-11-2002, 10:29 PM
oh man. i cant even imagine haveing somebody do that to my truck. I have a 02 2500HD as well, and it would kill me to come out and see something like that. Any way you could try and figure out who did it? any video cameras nearby or in a shopping center?

CMLLawnServices
12-11-2002, 10:31 PM
ya check to see if the stores around where u got hit have cams with a shot of the parking lot, u mite be able to get a plate number. Hope things turn out good.

bubble boy
12-11-2002, 10:40 PM
i once chased a driver who was taking off.

people really should learn to take responsibility...

i feel for ya:angry:

kppurn
12-11-2002, 10:40 PM
:angry: I wouldn't be a happy camper!

Envy Lawn Service
12-11-2002, 10:49 PM
I've had some butt-munch to do some sort of hit and run to every vehicle I've ever owned. Some of them minor. But still....:angry:

This is precisely why I won't even bother buying anything else brand pankin' new again. It's a little less sickening when you don't have such a wad in it.

I hope you have good luck nailing the coward!

Art Stubbs handy 58
12-11-2002, 10:49 PM
:angry: Did i miss the red ribbon??? Really, sorry to see things like that happen.....

ksland
12-11-2002, 10:51 PM
Merry Christmas!

That sucks dude.:eek:

lawncare3
12-11-2002, 10:59 PM
Go Go Go catch that Hoe :angry: :cry: :realmad:
find a camera to get their plates.

Lawn Specialties
12-11-2002, 11:16 PM
That realy stinks. I had the same thing happen to my monte carlo that only had 2400 miles on it .I know how ya feel.

Boycea
12-11-2002, 11:55 PM
I know how you feel. I had the same thing happen to my BMW, except that it went along the whole side of the car. Never caught the person, and just had to pay the deductable. Hope you catch him.

LAWNGODFATHER
12-12-2002, 12:35 AM
Check you INS. policy, you might have a non-charged ammendment for non moving accidents and vandilisum.

Some one hit one of my cars while it was parked unattended a few years ago and all I had to do was pay the deductable and they took care of the rest.

Doogiegh
12-12-2002, 12:42 AM
First off, whoever wrote the reply about a scratch.. what scratch?? That's a dent.. I don't even see a scratch..

Scratches can use touch-up paint.. that needs a whole new quarter panel...

Wonder what hit it.. Doesn't look like another car.. too high and broad.. Maybe another truck or a baseball bat or something???

Or a really really big and tall shopping cart...

Tidycut
12-12-2002, 08:43 AM
Musta been a Ford, Dodge wouldn't pick on a Chevy.

No doubt about it tough…. … that sucks. Hope you get it worked out.
Tell me again… why my insurance rate is going up?

Rick

SCAPEASAURUSREX
12-12-2002, 09:10 AM
I feel for you .. That is just not right.. I had that happen to me when I had just got my 95 F250, I was parked infornt of a cleints house , and working right next to the truck , all of a sudden I see the truck move , I go around the truck to the street and see some kid back into my truck not once , but a total of 3 times as he tried to get out of his driveway across the street , and then proceded to take off down the road... I called the police , they went and got the little bugger.... And two years later It was fixed... ughhhh.. Hope you catch the perp. I was lucky I think that I actually saw it happen...

KirbysLawn
12-12-2002, 09:20 AM
Looks like someone ran a tree/pole into it. lol Sorry to hear about that, must have been something big with a round object on it to do that shape damage.

MOW ED
12-12-2002, 10:17 AM
Look at the bright side, if it were a Dodge it would have been TOTALED!:cry:

Andrew S
12-12-2002, 10:41 AM
Maybe it is better that you did'nt catch this guy!
he probably would have a attitude problem and you could off hit him in reply to the dent in your truck
:mad: :eek: :eek: :eek:

TLS
12-12-2002, 11:11 AM
"Awol yeah, that'll just buff out."!!!!
:cool:

Thats a real shame though!

Almost looks like they could just pull it out, no? :(

Reminds me of my rope tied to front bed stake pocket eyelet. Threw the rope off to the side. Forgot about it. Went to pull forward.... You guessed it! Rear tire tried to climb up that rope! Put a 4' crease diagonally down my brand new trucks bed side! Truck felt like the Emergency brake was on!

Should have had the whole bedside replaced, but had a buddy mud it up. You can still see a slight wave in the right light. :angry:

Tough to keep a NICE truck NICE in this biz.

Good Luck with getting things worked out!

LAWNS AND MOWER
12-12-2002, 11:32 AM
That suxs. Once heard a story about this guy in a sports car who took up 4 parking spaces at the mall around Christmas time. This dude rammed the side of his car and then left a note saying "HOG".

bubble boy
12-12-2002, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by TLS
"Awol yeah, that'll just buff out."!!!!

hehe candy was great.

i have however had much worse buffed out, for a hefty price though.

odin
12-12-2002, 11:57 AM
My brther was in the parking lot of a barber shop 2 or 3 years ago.
Some stupid lady backed out of the parking space right behind him and plowed right into his car. He was still sitting in his car getting ready to leave.
She hit the gas and ran but the hawkeye got her plate number.

rkbrown
12-12-2002, 03:54 PM
Sorry for your misfortune, bob. Similar thing happened to me in 1986 in a college parking lot. Truck was only 6 months old. I never got it fixed. I hope that you are able to with little cost.

bob
12-12-2002, 08:55 PM
Thanks for all your concerns! There are no cameras on the site. The truck was hit at the bottom of the bed and the impact pushed it all the way up to the top. The damage is $1600.00. The body shop is going to replace the whole side. Getting it fixed the first of the new year.

bubble boy
12-12-2002, 09:04 PM
FWIW i know in cases of hit and run they can go from a paint chip backwards to the original purchaser of a car...or at least a "lot"of cars...of course that is hit and run, which police would prioritize.

cantoo
12-12-2002, 10:53 PM
My buddy just put a dent the same as that on his new Ford. He had his son's old clunker truck on a tow bar and lost control on the ice. Did a couple of spins and the clunker ended up against the new truck.